Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Spouses and dead things.

Funter

What do your spouses think of having mounts in the house?

Mine decorated our front room for that purpose.Kind of a trophy room if we can ever get any trophies to put in it. :rolleyes: I did store a friends elk for a while and it looked damn good on my wall.

Well...mine were moved from above the fireplace to a less prominent spot...and finally to my office.

So Marv,

When and if your "trophy" dies, is she going to have it stuffed and put away in the night stand?

My wife says I can have no more than 10 mounts in the house. Where she came up with that number, I'll never know. Right now I'm at 4 mounts, so I have a ways to go before I have to come up with plan B.

Years ago when I did not have a room of my own, my lovely bride tolerated a whitetail, a wood duck and a lake trout in the living room...

When we replaced our home 11 years ago ( due to a house fire) and I got my own "play room" for my stuff, including my trophies, she annouced that we would have NO MORE DEAD ANIMALS in the REST of the house... :eek: .....

That's OK...

Marv... Here's hoping the "old warrior" maintains it's integrity for a few more years, but I must SHARE with you a bit of wisdom told to me by one of my old retired friends....

Once you pass FIFTY, there are three rules you should never forget..

1. Never pass an open restroom...

2. Never trust a FART....

3. Never take a woodie for GRANTED..... :D ....

About ten years ago I built a 40' x 60' barn. Walled off 15' x 40' of it for my own personal tavern & trophy room. It's got 16' ceilings, a restroom, heat & AC, TV, VCR, DVD, jukebox, fridge, microwave, a big fieldstone and oak bar, sink, cabinets, and a whole bunch of dead critters of all sorts.

Have really enjoyed that building, plus keeps my loud buddies, cigarette smokers, and beer drinking out of the house.

A buddy calls it my egotistical, macho, he-man room.

My wife objected loudly to my hanging trophies in the house. She's gone and the trophies are still here.. My damn dog died though.. Until then, I was ahead in the deal..

:cool:

When I got my B&C black bear, it was my Ex's idea to get the 7'3" monster made into a standing full life mount. I spent the next 14 yrs listening to her B$c&h about it. |oo Hated my 4X4 velvet Axis deer :MAD , and went ballistic on my 9pt whitetail :BLEEP: .

She's gone now. ;) The bear is now in the Rocky Mount, NC Childrens Museum, the 9pt was a gift to my sister-in-law who loved it and wanted it for her living room, and the Axis deer is still with me.

Hope to add an antelope this fall, and a new bear rug next year!! :D

Steiny,

I would love to see pictures of your "TestosterZone" if you have available.

Currently the majority of my man den resides in the basement. The Mrs. is cool about things, we just each have a part of the house...

There's a 64x40 shop in the works in the not so distant future. Right now though the main concern is picking up a few more willing, breathing creatures to become permanent full time residents... :)

my wife doesnt mind but it comes at a big price !!! for every dollar i spend on anything Hunting Related i have to match it and let her spend it on whatever she wants.. i average $2,000.00 a year spent on hunting..

Danr, thats funny...
My wife like animals in the house but isnt crazy about fish mounts. She makes me keep them in my office area.

:eek:

Sage Ghost, why would you give your wife YOUR money to match what you spend on hunting? Why doesn't she spend HER money on what she wants, and you can spend YOUR money on what you want? :confused:

Sorry but it just sounds to me like you're being taken advantage of. Unless you don't mind giving your money to a woman to spend on useless junk.

reply..

i am getting my moneys worth.. i looked l and looked but i have yeat to meet a woman like my wife...definately one in a billion

Attachments

• copcar8.gif
    copcar8.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 121
well SageGhost

I think that is real nice, what Washington Hunter does not understand is in a marriage everything is split and he is also So Ignorate about a womens needs that he will tell ya this

"Sage Ghost, why would you give your wife YOUR money to match what you spend on hunting? Why doesn't she spend HER money on what she wants, and you can spend YOUR money on what you want?

Sorry but it just sounds to me like you're being taken advantage of. Unless you don't mind giving your money to a woman to spend on useless junk."

He assumes it is on worthless junk. he also forgets in a marriage that all money is community money. I guess he figures you make more money then your wife or something. I have a girlfriend who is a loan officer who makes over 150,000 a year and is the "bread maker" in thier family. It is still community money.

I think that if his women makes more money then he does then he may change his mind. I know I WILL BE MAKING MORE MONEY THEN HIM in about 3 years, then lets see how his attitide changes after that, if we are together....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back