Spice blends

We've used these a ton: Silk Road

They used to have restaurant's in Missoula, but still do their Spice blends. I love using the Moroccan Harissa in pot roast (neck) and stews. They will be at some of the farmer markets around Missoula, but you can order online as well.

I make my own, will be rolling out my website in a few months after lots of encouragment from others to do so. I have tried many of the above. I like most but most are filled with salt or sugar for fillers. I still buy many different ones that sound good and will try them and then i go to my giant spice pantry pick out what i like and dislike add what is necessary and will make my own.

I stand corrected. Did you live in Louisiana? I grew up 3 hours from New Orleans and had family there, so we visited quite a bit. We set crab traps on Lake Pontchartrain. Not sure if that gives me the street cred of catching a gator.
No, just a visitor. I've been there 3 times. LOVE Cajun food!

not my first time raving about this company on HT.

www.flatironpepper.com

Flatiron Pepper Co

You'll never go back to red pepper flakes! Flatiron Pepper creates unique pepper flake blends that showcase a variety of peppers, such as Jalapeno, Habanero, Ghost Pepper, Chipotle, Hatch Green Chile, Ancho, Carolina Reaper, Moruga Scorpion, Scotch Bonnet, and many more.
www.flatironpepper.com
www.flatironp
I agree, received a few bottles of there spice blends for Christmas last year, and have been pleasantly surprised at how well they taste.
epper.com

Hi Country Seasonings located in Lincoln Montana make some great spices for a variety of things.

Same with Hi Mountain out of Wyoming.

Hi Country Seasonings located in Lincoln Montana make some great spices for a variety of things.

Same with Hi Mountain out of Wyoming.
Just tried hi country for the first time this year. I was pleasantly suprised.

So many good options here...Famous Daves is probably my favorite. Especially the poultry or pork rub.

I will second their poultry mix. Use it on chicken all the time. Just did a full chicken on the pellet grill the other day. Ate on it for a couple days! I’m already planning my next one!

Their pork one is good but I haven’t found anything on pork I just love yet.

IMG_1559.jpegI use this on venison steak and loins. I like to season up and grill the meat then cut in thin strips and put it on a corn tortilla with some avocado, cilantro and hot sauce.
Good just eaten with just some lime juice and salsa verde with beans to. I get it from amazon.IMG_3750.jpeg

Also, another vote for make your own. You can buy bulk (1lb) bags of spices (I like Frontier) on Amazon for a fraction of the cost of the little store bought bottles. Get some Redmond Real Salt or a good Himalayan Red Salt and you are waaaaay ahead of the curve.

My wife has a cookbook that has a good selection of “clean”’spice blends that we have used for successful starting points for several blends. I’d say we are making our blends for 1/10-1/5 the cost of the plastic bottle blends everyone on YouTube sells now.
I've had really good luck with the Meateater Cajun Rub recipe from their "Complete Guide to Hunting, Butchering, and Cooking Wild Game, VOL1"
If you put it in a shaker, make sure the holes are big enough to let the whole red pepper seeds out.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back