Shelf material ???

Hooligan

Well, I screwed up! I removed the rubber "silent shelf" fro my Hoyt before I had it dipped in Camo.

Now I cant get a replacement piece unless I take it to my dealer,get an RA#, and send it back to UT, let them install it and ship it back. 4-6 weeks. and a lot of $ since I removed it and had it camo dipped, voided the finish warranty. *(Their finish sucked anyway, that why I had it custom dipped...... so no big deal)

Looking at options for replcement rubber, preferrably self adhesive, to make a new one. Looked at PSE's Bowhide, looks OK on the web, but have no experience with it.
Maybe felt? Thats what all my old bows had on them.

What do you guys like to use?

Just get some liquid rubber at the hardware store. You can brush it on and let it dry.

Moleskin will work or just pick up some of the adhesive velcro and use the fuzzy side. It is cheap and works great. I use it on the shelf of my recurves.

Don't hit the shelf... ;) I've never had anything on my shelf on my compounds, but I've never shot a drop away rest either. Moleskin has worked as shelf material for a few hundred years or so though. If you just want day in day out consistency, just shoot across some beaver! :D
http://www.3riversarchery.com/product.asp?i=6080

Last edited:
Thanks guys...looking seriously at the "beaver" :D

Something to maych my new camo job.

Attachments

• 100_1287.jpg
    100_1287.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,382
Good luck with the shelf, I'm surprised your dealer can't work with hoyt to get one shipped to them to use. Who did the dip job?

I was amazed too!!! Hoyt was adimant about not letting one out the door. For some reason they flat out refused to do it.
Mark at AXT Archery had the dip done for me at their place in UT. They are set up up to do both the Open Country and Forest Patterns of Optifade and MAthews Lost Camo. Great guys to work with!

Yep. It's toast. The top corner was pelling a bit. So I thought, I would just remove it before I sent it out to be dipped. Well, the rest of it was really stuck on ther and came off in a bunch of small pieces. Looked good on paper I guess....

Problem solved. Went with a Trophy Taker FC rest. Its all enclosed and no part of the fall away contacts the riser.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back