Ryan Busse for Governor?

Best Republican that’s come across my ballot in years.

We could use more Tim Fox’s in this state.
Fox was an old-school MT Republican, for sure. And the state party spent a lot of time and effort grooming him for the office. But GG had the money, the national attention, and the votes of all the new-school, very loud, more right-wing political refugees fleeing from liberal states like CA. Which ultimately mattered more.

I think the 2024 election will have multiple Republicans vying for the nomination for House and Senate, so possibly less likely to have R's submit D primary ballots to vote for a weaker Democrat to run against Greg if they have a preferred House or Senate candidate.
Is there a real chance a sitting governor, especially one with money, would get challenged in a primary?

Had Democrats been more on top of their game, Tim Fox would have been the competitor with Cooney. No way in hell would Jersey G's money overcome Democrat included primary votes for Fox.

Alas, Fox would have kicked Cooney's ass. So Democrats were damned either way... It would have been a better Montana though.
The last time the GOP intelegencia played that stupid game was 2006, when they thought Jon Tester was the weak sister. How did that work out for them? 😁

Is there a real chance a sitting governor, especially one with money, would get challenged in a primary?
No I don't think so. I was meaning if there were no consequential Republican primaries, Republicans would vote in the Dem primary for the weaker Dem candidate to give Greg a leg up in the general. But it seems like Rosendale will try to challenge Sheehy for the GOP nomination for Senate because he's delusional enough to think even one single person actually likes him, and there will likely be a bundle of candidates going for the Eastern District house seat. Any smart republican would aim to have literally anyone in the world other than Rosendale up against Tester, and would probably choose to vote for that person rather than whoever is challenging Busse for the Dem Governor nod.

No I don't think so. I was meaning if there were no consequential Republican primaries, Republicans would vote in the Dem primary for the weaker Dem candidate to give Greg a leg up in the general. But it seems like Rosendale will try to challenge Sheehy for the GOP nomination for Senate because he's delusional enough to think even one single person actually likes him, and there will likely be a bundle of candidates going for the Eastern District house seat. Any smart republican would aim to have literally anyone in the world other than Rosendale up against Tester, and would probably choose to vote for that person rather than whoever is challenging Busse for the Dem Governor nod.
The liberal media sure wants Rosendork to run against Sheehy.

I think that Busse might have won running as a Democrat a few years ago, but not now, too many far right people have moved to Montana in the last few years. No Democrat can win a state wide election now.

Busse and Gianforte. Montanans will be so lucky to get to choose between two transplants that are openly hostile to what makes Montana Montana. For B it would be natural resource extraction such as logging, mining and oil and for G it would be wildlife, stream access etc.

Busse would appoint a much better game and fish commission.

Busses’ comment about 20% property tax, caused an eyebrow raise, given the other thread here discussing property taxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back