Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Ryan Busse for Governor?

I don't think he would want to divorce himself completely, simply because he'd want access to as much $$ as possible, including all that out of state money that is available.

That he is now actively involved with "gun control" advocates like Gabby Giffords, might alienate only single-issue voters.

If he runs, I assume he'll have at least one TV ad him walking along along a stand of golden aspens sunrise, with an O/U shotgun broken over his arm, emphasizing his outdoors orientation.
I believe he's a sxs guy...

Ask and you shall receive:

Ask and you shall receive:

Notice he doesn't show any of those evil black guns.

The problem he will run into and it's the same with both parties, is he will have to adopt the Democrat party marching orders for the upcoming campaign or they won't fully support his efforts financially. He will be left with two choices, move left, or lie his ass off to get money and the votes that follow. The same dance all modern politicians end up doing.

I don't think he would want to divorce himself completely, simply because he'd want access to as much $$ as possible, including all that out of state money that is available.

That he is now actively involved with "gun control" advocates like Gabby Giffords, might alienate only single-issue voters.

If he runs, I assume he'll have at least one TV ad him walking along along a stand of golden aspens sunrise, with an O/U shotgun broken over his arm, emphasizing his outdoors orientation.

Honest question here, in your opinion, do you think there are many single-issue voters are open-mindedly looking for a democrat option?

If the people on the left would view his victory as a buffer from a right wing legislature, and conservatives view having a right wing legislature as a buffer from a liberal governors politics, what will ever get accomplished? Both are a sad reasoning to accept less than desirable representation. We will unfortunately label ourselves as left or right wing and continue to spin the bs to whatever narrative we see fit for the remainder of society.

Pretty fancy gun choice for blue collar montana. Beat up 870 would be better

I also agree that hard divisions in politics are a bad thing and our country would be wise to see them blurred more
The whole “blue collar working class Montana” schtick is laughable. But all politicians try to pull this card. He was a corporate executive with a major firearms manufacturer who then went to work for one of the most notable gun control organizations in the country along with advising the Biden administration on gun control policy.

He made a road bump joining Gifford's anti 2A agenda.
Montanans viewing him as a senior advisor to an organization that desires regulations even on bb guns is a hard pill to swallow.
His book is one aspect, the organization is another that has hurdles.
The book much less though the Gifford's organization labels him adverse to a large portion of the MT voting block.

Sure, liberals may slurp it up though not sure conservatives and a good quantity of independents would support such.

Good side of his recent actions, representing Gifford, he opposed the NM governor's emergency order.

Too many friends here on hunt talk are supportive, of course. Reality though? Almost Quist like though with more brains than musical skill.

Might need to claw out from under the "democrats are evil" rock and talk to some actual left-leaning voters. Of all the ones I know, and it's a fair number, none think guns are evil and many are gun owners.
Most of my family are Democrats. Who said they are evil? That said, MOST gun control advocates are also Democrats. Busse runs the risk with those ads he's running, turning off those voters in his own party. He needs to make it through the primary, first.

Most of my family are Democrats. Who said they are evil? That said, MOST gun control advocates are also Democrats. Busse runs the risk with those ads he's running, turning off those voters in his own party. He needs to make it through the primary, first.
Most Montana Democrats are gun owners (given that at least 65% to 90% of the population owns guns, depending on the source, this is not a guess). If MT Dems are for any form of gun control, they fall in the same category of Mr. Busse: they believe in modest, reasonable restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms in the same way we restrict free speech (can't yell "Bomb" in a courthouse), religion (can't sacrifice goats in the street), and other constitutional rights. Almost all of our constitutional rights are subject to some form of restriction for the benefit of society, under the legal standard of "strict scrutiny; or "narrowly tailored to serve a compelling government interest." Guns are really the only exception and are the most loosely regulated of all of our other constitutional rights.

For those reasons, I don't think he's going to struggle with dems in MT. The democrats that are truly "anti-gun" are the ones out-of-state, which could affect his funding.

Most Montana Democrats are gun owners (given that at least 65% to 90% of the population owns guns, depending on the source, this is not a guess). If MT Dems are for any form of gun control, they fall in the same category of Mr. Busse: they believe in modest, reasonable restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms in the same way we restrict free speech (can't yell "Bomb" in a courthouse), religion (can't sacrifice goats in the street), and other constitutional rights. Almost all of our constitutional rights are subject to some form of restriction for the benefit of society, under the legal standard of "strict scrutiny; or "narrowly tailored to serve a compelling government interest." Guns are really the only exception and are the most loosely regulated of all of our other constitutional rights.

For those reasons, I don't think he's going to struggle with dems in MT. The democrats that are truly "anti-gun" are the ones out-of-state, which could affect his funding.

He is openly connected to or part of Giffords' organization, and earlier this year she apparently said in an interview she wants all guns banned.

Maybe if he becomes Governor, he hears suggestions from some of his supporters (in state and out of state), that on the firearm front, MT needs to do away with things like private party firearm sales (Google says that's legal in MT. Oregon where I live banned private sales several years ago.)

And I assume he did plenty of research before creating that video, to confirm that a lot of would-be Dem/MT voters are not turned off by firearms (regardless of make or price).

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back