PEAX Equipment

RMEF Bugle Magazine

fishing4sanity

I just got back from the mailbox and found my March/April issue of Bugle. If you get the magazine there's a great article, Esprit de Corps, about Dan & Matt's elk hunt. It was good to read the story again, good enough that I think I need to try and live it in whatever small way I can. Just a heads up and look for the article.

Thanks for the post, was going to mention that to anyone interested in reading it. I think it turned out pretty neat. I know there were lots of people at Dan's services this past weekend reading the article. They got a couple copies early for the services.

All I can say is spending the time with Dan this fall made me really think about how lucky I am and the things i'm able to do...........This reminds me, i think i should go Dall sheep hunting this year;):D

You never know when the day comes when you can't say........ah, heck i'll go do that next year.

Just plain awesome Matt. The world needs more folks like you. Best Bugle article in a long time.
Semper Fi Dan

Last edited:
Got mine today, great read. Thanks to you for what you did in helping Dan out; it was a little more difficult to read knowing Dan had so recently passed.

Thanks guys, no big deal, it was just what I felt was the right thing to do. I am anxious to get my copy, I still don't have one.

I guess there was a cool message from David Allen in the front of the Magazine as well. Look forward to reading both when i get my copy.

Matt is as good as they come. He helped me and my ol man out this year without knowing us from Adam. He shared Dan's story with us this past year during elk season and it was and still is a true inspiration.

No matter how it was spelled.....Kudos to you...Matt, Matte, crittereater getter or gitter.

Last edited:
Just read the article. Great story and great pics to compliment what was a special time. Thanks for all you did, Matt. And to all the others who offered help.

I guess there was a cool message from David Allen in the front of the Magazine as well. Look forward to reading both when i get my copy.

Matt,

Be modest all you want... that's just one of the things that makes you a good guy. The forward that David Allen wrote in Bugle says alot about what the RMEF and the rest of us think about what you did. The fact that David mentions you in the same breath as Jim Zumbo while he is talking about Jim getting the Wallace Fennell Pate award shouldn't be taken lightly. Say what you will about Jim.... he's been through the ringer more than once, but the RMEF thought enough of him to give him their highest award at Elk Camp this year...... What he does... and what you have done for our soldiers, says a lot more than you know about who you are and also about who WE are as HUNTERS.

Thank you for being an example we can all strive to live up to. And, God bless Dan..... we lost a good one.

Elkwhisper

LuckyMike, it was definately, without question one of the most memorable hunts I have ever been on. No elk of my own would have compared, no matter the size.

Elkwhisper, sure appreciate the comments man.

Thanks guys, no big deal, it was just what I felt was the right thing to do.

We'd live in a better world if everyone followed that path, Matt. It's pretty easy to get caught up in your own life--especially with little ones running around the house, like you've got--and not take the time out to help others. We could all be inspired by your example.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back