Caribou Gear Tarp

R.i.p. #10

Amazing to think these bulls can live to be as old as they do, given the weather, disease, stresses of the rut, predators, and the many other things that can be hard on life expectancy. Impressive animals, for sure.

Glad to know a lot of his offspring are running around in the hills.

The Original Rock Star - that boy could sing. He even had an earring. :)

He was going absolutely nuts that year. My four year old daughter was so impressed she drew several (unintentionally hilarious) scenes of "elk boogling."

I was reading about him and #6 yesterday. I guess they were pretty hardcore rivals. Its sad to see such a magnificent animal go.

So the hunters can't shoot the famous wolves, but the wolves can eat the famous elk? Hardly seems fair...

So the hunters can't shoot the famous wolves, but the wolves can eat the famous elk? Hardly seems fair...
Well at least he died fighting instead of getting caught in a barbed wire fence like #6. How embarrassing :D

The ranger I talked to this fall said he was getting arthritic. I was wondering when he'd finally get taken.

Well at least he died fighting instead of getting caught in a barbed wire fence like #6. How embarrassing :D

The ranger I talked to this fall said he was getting arthritic. I was wondering when he'd finally get taken.

I know. I don't really have a problem with it. Just a satiristic commentary.

First trip to Big Horns , ran in too an old dude (like me now)......four of us were eating supper and owner of o place suggested we talk to him to get some tips since he had an in-holding in the forest and hunted when he "needed" too... asked him about Elk and guiding....he said he made some good money guiding them eastern dudes with there Russel boots and Jodapers but gave it up.....I said "guess you killed a few wall hangers in your time"....he said, "kilt me one them bull of the woods one time----couldn't cut the gravy with a knife....went back to calves"

That picture in the Article is a crummy Photoshop job.

Kinda cool to have wildlife celebrities though....

so...after reading the articles...the bull was tranquilized in 2001 because he had his antlers wrapped in a "volleyball or badminton" net and they sawed off his antlers in order to free him. why was it easier to saw off the antlers rather than simply cut through the netting???

Back