My 2022 Archery Bull

That was a fun story to read. @KayakMacGyver 2 quick questions if you don't mind. What part of the hunt was it that the guide suggested going quiet, early season, late? When you closed the gap on the bull you got, did you try to sound like an elk without calling, like raking a tree at all making some noise? Or did you try to close the gap quietly? Thanks!

That was a fun story to read. @KayakMacGyver 2 quick questions if you don't mind. What part of the hunt was it that the guide suggested going quiet, early season, late? When you closed the gap on the bull you got, did you try to sound like an elk without calling, like raking a tree at all making some noise? Or did you try to close the gap quietly? Thanks!

@roravetz This was early archery season. I shot the bull on September 6. I seemed to be caught in a phase of the rut where the bulls weren't super fired up, but had small harems and were trying to protect them by pushing away.

When I closed the gap I didnt purposefully make any elk noise. My footsteps may have sounded like an elk, though.

Cool hunt story and thanks for sharing! And the timing is perfect as we all are getting amped up for our bow hunts.

Last edited:
Congratulations, I appreciate that you took your young son along, brings back memories of my children and their first elk. Great pictures, great story

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back