Punk Rock Hunt Talkers

Oh hell yeah. I was in junior & high school during the old Lookout Records milieu and saw a ton of those bands when they were on tour. Hung out in punk bars and went to DIY shows all through college and beyond. Even saw the Gorilla Biscuits play the very last show ever at CBGB. Have an ancient Black Flag tattoo or two. Still listen to a ton of stuff from the old CA/NY/DC scenes.

Loved being a part of that culture, and that it’s very much informed the person I am today.

Sadly, I’ve still never been to a show at 924 Gilman though.
The drummer for the Gorilla Biscuits is an acquaintance of mine. I too grew up on many of the punk bands of the 80's and 90's. Favorites included Dead Kennedy's, Operation Ivy, Minor Threat, Bad Religion... Fun stuff, but it does seem like we're more wired for that music as teenagers..

I found a vinyl copy of this album a while back, left the store with it, giddy like I was 14 again.

Dang, Milo had a heart attack?

Caught my first whiff of tear gas at the age of 16 when the cops came to bust up some straightedge kids scrapping outside a Descendants show in Cincinnati.

Need to know the opener and if you reccomend.

I must be a little miswired then!
I still toss on my Amazon "Pennywise music station" that enables, as best Amazon's AI can muster, similar music and it does pretty good!
Working in the garage or morning ritual S.S.S. deal...
No, it's not shoot, shovel, shut up.

I'd imagine it helps me get moving. Haha! My geriatric nurse would be happy with my bump of adrenaline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back