Caribou Gear

One last hunt for my Godfather. Help requested

One other thing I’m looking at is a guided hunt on the king ranch in south Texas. They have nilgai and a lot more flexibility for his needs.

Take the man to Africa, give him something to really remember, since money isn't an issue.
I wholeheartedly second this opinion. You can find a hunt with good weather, easy terrain and a lot of game. It also helps that the meals are amazing.

Pm me if you'd like some ideas.

Well men, I had a pretty straightforward talk with him yesterday. I wanted to test the waters before expending too much time or wasting anyone else’s.

At first I asked him what he thought about taking a trip and he said he had been thinking about it a lot. Then, as the conversation continued he revealed details about the effects of the chemo that I didn’t know. He is very private and always tries to appear well so you don’t worry.

Basically he’s right on the edge of total incontenece and it embarrasses him deeply.

As a last option I offered a local duck hunt. I know a guide that would drive us right to the blind and all he would have to do is sit and shoot for about 2 hours.

He thanked me graciously and related that it’s easier for him to savor his memories of hunting than to risk going out again and soiling himself mid hunt.

I’m sharing this here because of the safe advice we all know about making memories while there is still time and not letting money or trivial excuses stop us.

I’m very fortunate to have hunted with him many times and gone on many other adventures as well as to just sit by the fire and listen to stories about him and my dad.

Thank you all for the messages, kind words, and suggestions. Perhaps someone else in a similar situation will benefit from the discussion.

-Sabot

Well men, I had a pretty straightforward talk with him yesterday. I wanted to test the waters before expending too much time or wasting anyone else’s.

At first I asked him what he thought about taking a trip and he said he had been thinking about it a lot. Then, as the conversation continued he revealed details about the effects of the chemo that I didn’t know. He is very private and always tries to appear well so you don’t worry.

Basically he’s right on the edge of total incontenece and it embarrasses him deeply.

As a last option I offered a local duck hunt. I know a guide that would drive us right to the blind and all he would have to do is sit and shoot for about 2 hours.

He thanked me graciously and related that it’s easier for him to savor his memories of hunting than to risk going out again and soiling himself mid hunt.

I’m sharing this here because of the safe advice we all know about making memories while there is still time and not letting money or trivial excuses stop us.

I’m very fortunate to have hunted with him many times and gone on many other adventures as well as to just sit by the fire and listen to stories about him and my dad.

Thank you all for the messages, kind words, and suggestions. Perhaps someone else in a similar situation will benefit from the discussion.

-Sabot
God Bless. Who knows what the future holds? I’m sure he felt loved and that’s what it is all about.

Proud of you @Sabot
Your actions shows him the impact that he has made on your life, and toward your love of hunting!
I pray we all have that impact on our younger generations.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back