Pack in for Idaho GMU 27

smorgado

So have decided to do the rut rifle hunt in the frank church wilderness. Don't want a guided hunt but possibly a drop camp or just hire some one to pack us in and out. Any suggestions?

You've ruled out scouting a general zone bull or October doesn't work for your schedule? The church is NOT big bull country. Not sure how many folks offer drop camps in tgere for elk, probably all or nothing, and I don't think the airstrips are located in elkville...You'd have to hike quite a ways.

Yea this year the October hunts just won't work for me because of my schedule. Planning on a cow hunt in Nov. But wanted to try after some bulls in wilderness. Plus with it being a rifle hunt helps.

If you're not set on GMU 27 you could have a service fly you in to one of the airstrips. My BIL flew into Cold Meadows one year and we picked him up on horseback for a short ride to camp. Some guys camp at the airstrip and day hunt. You might think about a jet-boat in to a likely area as well. All your options require busting your chops to find elk. Good luck.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back