onx maps

johnsen332

Customer service was closed so thought I would try on here. Was updating the wyoming chip and got to the end and was told "this version will not allow you to update" Does this mean I already have the latest update?

using the chip for wyoming antelope so that's why i stuck it in this thread

I thought you would at least get free updates for a year or something. That doesn't seem fair.

But, their data is worth it :)

Customer service was closed so thought I would try on here. Was updating the wyoming chip and got to the end and was told "this version will not allow you to update" Does this mean I already have the latest update?

using the chip for wyoming antelope so that's why i stuck it in this thread

I ran into the same problem just this week.

I put my sd card in a different card reader, tried again and the update worked perfectly and pretty fast as well.

Must have had a bad card reader the first time, but it gave me the same error you are having...maybe worth a try.

I bought the chip in June, and got the update free a couple of days ago. Pretty sure when I signed up for my account to register the chip I got a year of free updates

From the Onxmaps website knowledge base...

Do I have to pay for an update? I thought it was free?

onXmaps Hunt Hunt Micro SD Chip Updates
The way the updates work are that you get free updates for the rest of the calendar year in the same year you purchased your map, and then the next year you will need to pay for an update. So if you purchased your map in 2015, you get all 2015 updates for free. Then once 2016 rolls around, you will need to pay the update fee, and you get all the updates in the 2016 calendar for the one time update fee.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back