GoHunt vs. OnX

When I first saw Brady Millers “how to e-scout for mule deer” video using go hunt maps and he started clicking buttons showing elevation ranges and transparency I almost jumped for it. That video is a couple years old now and I never did. Reading through this threads is interesting to see what others have to say. I’ve had OnX for what seems like my whole life, hunting seemed completely different without it. All that being said I have never used OnX on a desktop/laptop, but I open the app on my phone almost everyday scanning over and comparing terrain of places I’ve been in person to places I’d like to go. I’d pick OnX because it’s never let me down, very biased opinion.

onX for mapping, Go hunt for research, maybe I'm just used to it that way.

I use gohunt maps occasionally on desktop because I like the elavation band feature.

My gohunt maps aren't going unused though, I gave my son the login so he can learn it and I don't have to worry about him screwing up my onx, lol.

Okay so here is the southwest section of Unit 20A in South Dakota. GoHunt says its all tribal lands. OnX says some of it is Grand River National Grassland (green area). Who is right? Who do I trust?
BroHunt.JPG
OnX.JPG

onX for mapping, Go hunt for research, maybe I'm just used to it that way.

I use gohunt maps occasionally on desktop because I like the elavation band feature.

My gohunt maps aren't going unused though, I gave my son the login so he can learn it and I don't have to worry about him screwing up my onx, lol.
Same here. OnX for mapping, and GoHunt for draw odds and the filtering feature. For me, the OnX mapping and its features is top-notch. OnX appears to be getting better with their draw odds and unit profiles as well. It's becoming more and more clear to me that the only reason I still have a GoHunt Insider account is for the giveaways. Considering I've never won a giveaway in my life, it might be time to save about $150/yr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back