MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 vs Leupold VX-5HD 2-10X42

Red_7.08

I’m between these 2. Anybody have any input on these??​

Nightforce SHV 3-10x42mm Illuminated Forceplex and the Leupold VX-5HD 2-10X42 CDS-ZL2 Illum. Firedot duplex​

I went through this decision a while back. I really like the glass on the VX5HD. But, I kept reading about people having trouble with the turrets on the Leupold and ultimately decided that I couldn't trust it. I realize that there are a ton of people that have zero issues with the VX5 and VX6, but it worried me. I liked the Nightforce SHV, but was not impressed with the glass. I ultimately ended up with Zeiss Conquest V4. These check all the boxes for me: reliable dialing, great glass and illumination. Plus, getting a demo from Red Hawk Rifles with the full factory warranty for $699-$849 (depending on the model) sealed the deal.

I like my shv, if the funds are available, get the NXS. Never used the Leupold.

I’m a fan of NF scopes so I’d say SHV. A longtime leupold user I know just had a VX6 go bad and good thing we caught it before the hunt.

I have a couple of that model of NF, and I am growing more and more impressed with them. My rifle and NF SHV took a serious crash last weekend mule deer hunting, to the extent that I was pretty surprised when it was still dead on. I put holding zero before anything when it comes to scopes and the SHVs definitely do that.

I like my shv, if the funds are available, get the NXS. Never used the Leupold.
Not a fan of the reticle on the NXS. Looking for simplistic. My calibers are flat shooting and my shots are not that far. I don’t need anything more than simple crosshairs.
I like the illum. for low light, shadows, and dark colored animal shots.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back