New Nightforce scope can't be zeroed at 100 yards??

Cornell Cowboy

I just mounted a Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 on a Weatherby Mark V Accumark Pro in a 6.5 Creedmoor using a Leupold Backcountry two-piece scope mount (rings and bases are combined). While trying to zero it at 100 yards, I run out of adjustment. Dropping the impact to its lowest point (turret won't turn impact down anymore) still leaves me 2.5" high at 100 yards. For reference, the groups are all tight (given the cold and wind I'm shooting in) and the scope tracks very well, I just can't adjust the impact point low enough at 100 yards. I've done many other scope rifle combinations, but have never run into this. Has anyone else encountered this?

No idea as I’ve never used those rings, but assuming all else is right just move the target out to you hit zero and use that as zero. Prolly a lil past 200, 2kish of elevation prolly lol.

No idea as I’ve never used those rings, but assuming all else is right just move the target out to you hit zero and use that as zero. Prolly a lil past 200, 2kish of elevation prolly lol.
Thanks, but I didn't buy a premium setup to have to salvage a solution. If it doesn't work, it's going back. I've got plenty of Burris Fullfield's that don't have this problem and cost a fraction of what the Nightforce did.

Are you hitting the zero stop?

Nightforce Support is at 208.476.9814 ext 3
I used to service their computers, they are good folks.

Are you hitting the zero stop?

Nightforce Support is at 208.476.9814 ext 3
I used to service their computers, they are good folks.
It's not a tactical turret, so there isn't really a zero stop. I ran it down at least 60 MOA from wherever it started when it finally stopped. I've emailed Nightforce as well, so hopefully they'll get in touch with me to do some troubleshooting.

Thanks, but I didn't buy a premium setup to have to salvage a solution. If it doesn't work, it's going back. I've got plenty of Burris Fullfield's that don't have this problem and cost a fraction of what the Nightforce did.

Never seen it, I own 3 nx8’s, 2 atacr’s, a nxs, and I’ve mounted a dozen or so Shv’s in pmr, nightforce, Talley and spuhr rings combos in zero and 20 moa as well as on 20 Moa bases, and never seen one not zero at 100.

Is this your first time shooting the weatherby? Have you mounted another scope/ring setup that didn't have the same issues?

Throw a Burris in those rings and see if the issue remains. You should be able to test this with a bore sighter and avoid a trip to the range, if you have one.

If you're confident about the mounts being correct, I'd send the scope back to Nightforce and replace it with something else. I have no love for the SHV line and after two failures on new scopes I couldn't see myself buying anything else from Nightforce.
The SHV line is the equivalent to sprinkling glitter over a pile of dog shit .

If you're confident about the mounts being correct, I'd send the scope back to Nightforce and replace it with something else. I have no love for the SHV line and after two failures on new scopes I couldn't see myself buying anything else from Nightforce.
The SHV line is the equivalent to sprinkling glitter over a pile of dog shit .
Were your two shv failures the same issue? Just curious for future reference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back