New Nightforce scope can't be zeroed at 100 yards??

Update: Very impressed with Nightforce's customer service. They called me back this morning -- I had only emailed their customer service last night around 4. We worked through some troubleshooting and determined that my mounts were apparently not the same -- the front mount was lower than the rear mount (maybe some mixup at the factory?). Anyways, that pretty much explains my issue -- I'll be swapping out the mounts and trying again.

Had a rear Leupold dovetail that was off center...nearly drove me nuts til my buddy said, "look at it!"...yes it was so bad you could see it was off center.

I'm on hold to talk with customer support right now.
To close this all out, apparently I ordered the wrong mounts. The mounts for a 9-lug Mark V are different than the mounts for the 6-lug Mark V (even though they have the same hole spacing). Apparently for the 6-lug Mark V, you need the mounts for a Mark V LT. If this proves not to be true after remounting, I'll post more about it here.

Lucky thing it's not a Vortex. Bunch of people would have already called it junk! Actually though at 2 1/2" high at 100 yds your somewhere close to being right on for a MPBR! Seem's then you have a lot of hight you can adjust with it.

Lucky thing it's not a Vortex. Bunch of people would have already called it junk! Actually though at 2 1/2" high at 100 yds your somewhere close to being right on for a MPBR! Seem's then you have a lot of hight you can adjust with it.
If this were a vortex issue, the replies would look like this!

23698826.gif

Glad you're getting it figured out! Some times, shit happens.

I think all the optics manufacturers have junk pieces that slips past qc. I'm an equal opportunity hater, but its just more fun to dump on Vortex since it's got the largest audience.

I agree...until I switch ammo and the impact point changes.

To close this all out, apparently I ordered the wrong mounts. The mounts for a 9-lug Mark V are different than the mounts for the 6-lug Mark V (even though they have the same hole spacing). Apparently for the 6-lug Mark V, you need the mounts for a Mark V LT. If this proves not to be true after remounting, I'll post more about it here.
I have a Mark V Weathermark LT in the 9 lug for 7mm Weatherby Magnum.
I ordered my base from EGW as with most, if not all of my rifles that will accept them.
They show a difference between the 9 lug & 6 lug, but there is no LT option.

While not a thing wrong with Leupold optics (aside from their price point), their mounting options/quality leaves much to be desired in my opinion.
Match up a one piece EGW base with their low Keystone line of rings & be done with it!

Last edited:
That happened to me. I have a Vanguard in a 30-06 and a Mark V in a 300 WBY mag. Tried to swap rings for a different scope height and couldn’t even get it on paper at 20 yards. Bought new Talley rings for a 9 lug and fixed the issue.

Those are nice rings. I didn't know leupold was making one piece base/rings like Talleys. What material are they made of? I'm just wondering since everyone hates on talleys for spontaneously cracking in half if you look at them wrong..

I think all the optics manufacturers have junk pieces that slips past qc. I'm an equal opportunity hater, but its just more fun to dump on Vortex since it's got the largest audience.
I think some have their bottom of the line stuff made for them.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back