Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Nhl playoffs

Hawks do it again in regulation, and end up winning this time in OT.

Smith gets award for best acting during a playoff game. Shaw weighs a buck sixty five wet, Smith is a good two and a quarter, and that hit makes him do a 360? and then, after 4 minutes on the ice, he stays in the game.

This game is a disgrace. Setting hockey back 40 years.

Hartnell can act the fool now, but 3 years ago he literally tried to bite Letang's finger off. That's my only homer comment.

pens/flyers game set goaltending back 100 yrs. pens showed their true colors with all the cheap shots in the 3rd period. being a coyotes fan i feel sorry for the flyers cuz bryzgalov absolutely sucks when it comes to playoff hockey. speaking of the 'yotes, back to back games giving up the tying goal under 20 seconds left.......that equals another 1st round exit if they don't start playing some D. for all the 1st round series what the officials are NOT calling is crazy.

For storyline sake, how woule a Flyers/Kings Cup be? So many storylines and drama could be played out.

Kings look really really good, I am hoping for another brawl between Pitt and Philly, maybe they will have to play without their 1st lines on both teams lol. Would be awesome to see something crazy happen. However, looks like my finals prediction is going up in blood right now.

Waiting to see how bad Shanahan can fugg up penalities to Pens/Flyers....he has fuffed up all so far....my boy Weber a fine and he got the Hagelin and Carkner suspension reversed....Carkner shud have gotten three times what Hagelin got for his head hunting thuggery , not one third!
Based on the Carkner and Weber penalties, Shaw will probably be given a bonus for taking Smith out behind the goal...

Last edited:
This has been the craziest first round ever! I can't remember so many teams just plain hating each other this much, this early on. Can you imagine what a Philly LA final would look like? Philly traded Carter and Richards for a reason. Fire and gasoline......

Now that's what I'm talking about, Old Time Hockey at almost it's best. Some of that hate is running deep and pay backs will be a beotch. My only problem is fitting in all the games. I try and record 2 watch 2 and pick at the honey do list so I'll have time to go after my spring bear.

Just glad the Bruins decided to win today. Maybe it had to do with the fact I was out fishing and missed the game...?

I have a feeling we're in for a couple of heavy hitting games tonight. Crosby is either going to play hockey with out the instigating little whinner attitude and make a difference on the positive side or try to play tough and dirty. If it's the latter he may be putting his career on the line. One good pop and down goes the weasel.
Now on the west coast we have ....I don't know how to descibe them but a picture is worth a tousand words.

CANUCKS.jpg

So if Shaw gets three games for trying to miss Smith , going the same direction as Smith with Smith knowing he is there and brushing Smith's upper body with his shoulder, what does Torres get for blind side leaving feet sending Hossa to hospital hit? In any event, Smith gets to keep his Oscar for best acting on ice by a goalie....

Glad we got Rinne!!! Go Preds!!

Raffi Torres of the Coyotes is bad news. I think he needs to be suspended for the remainder of the Stanley Cup and possibly be removed from the game altogether. The hit last night on Hossa was uncalled for. He has a long standing history of vicious, late and borderline hits. I am all for hitting and fighting when the circumstances dictate but to hit someone with the intent of injury, I am not in favor of.

Given Shanahans' record of discipline lately I doubt Torres will get more than 2 games.

torres is suspended indefinately, and rightfully so. it was an ugly hit. i have always loved playoff hockey but what is it this year with all the cheap shots and all out dirty play? seems like the players have no respect for each other. you would never see that many fights and crap like this cuz you just couldn't afford to give the opponent a power play. anyways, i doubt we'll see him again this year

Good hard hits are part of hockey I enjoy....dropping gloves and standing up to each other is a part of it that I also enjoy...while maybe a little late since puck was no where hear Hossa, all Torres had to do was not go for head and not leave his feet and we all would be calling it a great hit....it wasn't ---it was vicious and not the first time Torres pulled this sheit....out for the Cup in my opine...he pulled the same sheit against Hawks last year as a Canuck...he needs to be gone from hockey!

Go Rinne!!! Go Preds!!!!
BTW, for you Kings fans, I liked our match-up agin Canucks better than I do y'all...

Rafi's suspension was great! Well deserved and could have got longer. Wish that the other suspensions would not hurt the series's so much. Penguins coming back, don't see them winning 4 in a row. Blackhawks look done and Nashville and LA look real good, however, Detroit is old and decrepit so cant give Nashville too much credit. Especially since we have some particular members (look up) rooting for them. LOL

Detroit Dead Things have started to look it. Zetterberg and Datsyuk finally look to be losing a step(still stars but....).

The Preds are going to be dangerous and LA looks like a team built for the playoffs.

Pens and the Canucks are in a tough spot.

Ottawa has been a surprise team in my mind.

Wow! What a great OT play by Toews! Back to Shicargo!
Agree the KIngs were built for playoffs and looking good.
Hey huntbux, let me celebrate a little...13 years a franchise, took us 5 years to even get to playoffs! Made it 7 of last 8 years but never got out of first round til last year....this was the 3rd first round series we played the Wings and the first time we actually won!!!
GO PREDS GO !!! (in spite of those gawdawful home jerseys!)

Here's my s.w.a.g. on this weeks hockey.

Ottawa takes out Rangers in game 6
Hawks and Coyotes go 7 with Coyotes taking it.
Panthers take out the Devils on Tuesday in game 6
Boston with railroad Washington on Wednesday

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back