NHL playoffs

So who is Bedard going to have that actually helps him in Chicago? They are awful.

That Meier missed open net was BRUTAL!

Hard to choose a favorite between the team with a tranny sea-creature mascot and the team that left the hockey state and bounced the wild this year. I still cheered for the stars before the wild came about but the texas fans whining about the pavelski hit and acting like the zebra shutdown of foligno was appropriate leaves a guy a bit bitter toward that team.

Is it me or is the NHL turning into soccer with all this acting? Bad slash on Drai by Pietro but Drai acts like he was blown up and lays on the ice before concluding the act and smiling on his way back to the bench.. garbage. Even Foligno after raggin on the soft bunch from dallas for diving was taking dives to draw penalties in the R1 series.

Friggin Toronto.

Do the hockey gods just hate Canada?

I think that they got ripped off with that one non-goal, but even with that, could they have won two more in a row?

That whole nation is hoping on McDavid right now.
Toronto just never felt like a true contender to me this year. They had a good top line, but lacked depth - which is the key come playoffs time. FL wasn’t really on the radar either, but wow they are on fire right now. I was actually hoping for a Leafs win, as I see them as them as the easier opponent in the Conference Final. But we match up better vs. FL than Boston, so bring it on!

So who is Bedard going to have that actually helps him in Chicago? They are awful.

That Meier missed open net was BRUTAL!

Hard to choose a favorite between the team with a tranny sea-creature mascot and the team that left the hockey state and bounced the wild this year. I still cheered for the stars before the wild came about but the texas fans whining about the pavelski hit and acting like the zebra shutdown of foligno was appropriate leaves a guy a bit bitter toward that team.

Is it me or is the NHL turning into soccer with all this acting? Bad slash on Drai by Pietro but Drai acts like he was blown up and lays on the ice before concluding the act and smiling on his way back to the bench.. garbage. Even Foligno after raggin on the soft bunch from dallas for diving was taking dives to draw penalties in the R1 series.
Chicago is stacked with draft picks moving forward for a few years. They have 40+ mil in open cap space heading into 2023 too. They will find somebody(s) to play with Bedard Over the next several years. Gonna be slow though and painful for a couple years.

Toronto just never felt like a true contender to me this year. They had a good top line, but lacked depth - which is the key come playoffs time. FL wasn’t really on the radar either, but wow they are on fire right now. I was actually hoping for a Leafs win, as I see them as them as the easier opponent in the Conference Final. But we match up better vs. FL than Boston, so bring it on!
They aren't a particularly deep team, but the series was entirely one goal games that came from outside the core four. Had those guys produced it might have been a different outcome. But beyond that, there was just some lazy plays - guys not battling for pucks, not challenging the shooters or finishing checks. That stuff works in the regular season when teams are just trying to grind it out in the standings without getting injured but it doesn't lead to playoff success.

Hopefully they can turn it around, and let's go McJesus

Chicago is stacked with draft picks moving forward for a few years. They have 40+ mil in open cap space heading into 2023 too. They will find somebody(s) to play with Bedard Over the next several years. Gonna be slow though and painful for a couple years.
I actually predict that some of the younger players on the Pens jump ship. The Pens are done until the rebuild is done, in a few years or more. Why would a young, good player want to stick around for that? Chicago is ready to build. That is more interesting to these guys.

It sure seemed like the commentators during the game couldn't talk enough about Connor McDavid. It was nauseating to listen to them go on and on about him and Daraisaitl. 🤮
It must have been painful for them to say anything positive about the VGK.
But we're going to the Western conference finals anyway(y) Go Knights Go!!

1684175824093.png

Last edited:
It sure seemed like the commentators during the game couldn't talk enough about Connor McDavid. It was nauseating to listen to them go on and on about him and Daraisaitl. 🤮
It must have been painful for them to say anything positive about the VGK.
But we're going to the Western conference finals anyway(y) Go Knights Go!!

Hard not to talk about McJesus a lot after a season like that. Good for VGK, they have done a hell of a job putting together teams!

Hard not to talk about McJesus a lot after a season like that. Good for VGK, they have done a hell of a job putting together teams!
No kidding. Only 3 names above his in the points in a single season record books. Granted, those three consist of 14 entries...

No kidding. Only 3 names above his in the points in a single season record books. Granted, those three consist of 14 entries...

We've never seen someone do stuff like McDavid against such good competition IMO. I watched some gretzky highlights after seeing Connors #s towards the end of the season. It is just bonkers how good the play is now in comparison to what it was then. It would be UGLY to see some of the 80s/90s goalies against the players of today. That's not to take anything away from The Great One because his #s compared to his peers of the era illustrate his greatness, it's just different.

I watched some gretzky highlights after seeing Connors #s towards the end of the season. It is just bonkers how good the play is now in comparison to what it was then. It would be UGLY to see some of the 80s/90s goalies against the players of today. That's not to take anything away from The Great One because his #s compared to his peers of the era illustrate his greatness, it's just different.
The Red Wings posted a clip of Steve Yzerman scoring an OT goal against the Blues (with Gretzky) that happened 27 years ago today. My first thought watching the footage was “why are they skating so slowly?”

We've never seen someone do stuff like McDavid against such good competition IMO. I watched some gretzky highlights after seeing Connors #s towards the end of the season. It is just bonkers how good the play is now in comparison to what it was then. It would be UGLY to see some of the 80s/90s goalies against the players of today. That's not to take anything away from The Great One because his #s compared to his peers of the era illustrate his greatness, it's just different.
I think that's an excellent point. They played the goalie position with completely different technique back then too. Also throw in that Gretzky played with Messier for a good chunk of his career.

Back