Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New WY Hunter - Area 10 cow elk.

JRude

New to the forum. I placed this same message in the "who am I" thread. It is probably better suited for the elk forum - chalk it up to being a rookie.

Recently retired from the Air Force and settled in Cheyenne. I was able to draw a cow elk tag for area 10. Any pointers, tips, or suggestion would be appreciated. It feels good to finally settle down in a state and focus on hunting. Thanks,

Great area,easy access. I hunted unit 10 two years ago. We camped in the forest campground,hunted to the east ,as close as I could get to private land . Saw a few cows taken but for me it did not happen.Plan on going back some time as the terrain was not to diffacult.

Great area,easy access. I hunted unit 10 two years ago. We camped in the forest campground,hunted to the east ,as close as I could get to private land . Saw a few cows taken but for me it did not happen.Plan on going back some time as the terrain was not to diffacult.

Thanks

Were the campgrounds crowded? I am unsure if I should spike camp or set up in a campground. Thanks,

I don't like actual campgrounds, find my own spot out of way to hunt out of and more peaceful. There are are some good elk pockets in there but will not be easy. Make sure you wear pants that are loose enough to climb over deadfalls, LOTS of deadfalls from bettles.

C

The campgrounds will be crowded during the general season and somewhat before for general deer. Everyone from Laramie and Cheyenne it seems hunts there with a general tag.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back