Yeti GOBOX Collection

New Trooper

recon6036

It’s nothing new that many of us are proud of our kids and my wife and I are no exception. On Sept. 23rd, 2018, My wife and I sat in the Michigan State Police orientation program with our son, Stefin, and 135 other Recruits. MSP staff told all of us that many of the Recruits would not make it through what is said to be one of the toughest Police academies in the Nation and they were unfortunately correct, as over 25% did not make it.
Well, 28 weeks later, with hard work, sacrafice and determination, my wife and I watched Stefin fullfil his dream of becoming a Michigan State Trooper.
I have to admit, after 26 yrs in the Public Safety business, I was hoping he’d do something different.
Watching his mom pin his badge on was one of the proudest moments of my life, even though she was an emotional wreck.
So anyway, if you happen to get pulled over or come into contact with this young Trooper, let him know you know his old man from Hunt Talk and maybe he’ll cut you a break.

Attachments

• CADD73C2-1982-46BB-8643-E6448F6836A7.jpeg
    CADD73C2-1982-46BB-8643-E6448F6836A7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 46
  • 0F914100-E14B-4056-95B8-A56CB6C7F9EA.jpeg
    0F914100-E14B-4056-95B8-A56CB6C7F9EA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
Congratulations to Stefin !! I suggest you find a way to continue the fitness training that you had at the Academy for the rest of your career. Being physically fit could save your life. After a couple of years on the road, there will be many doors available for you to open : Drug task force, Canine, Criminal Investigator, Arson Investigator, SWAT, etc. Have fun and be safe. Recon6036, he obviously already has great support from his family. He will need it for the rest of his career. I "retired" after 36 years as a State Game Warden and have just completed my 6th year as a part time Deputy Sheriff. To Stefin : Don't let 'em get behind you !!

Way to go Dad! You and Mom obviously did a great job and now all of us are the beneficiaries of your work, thank you!

Congratulations to Stefin !! I suggest you find a way to continue the fitness training that you had at the Academy for the rest of your career. Being physically fit could save your life. After a couple of years on the road, there will be many doors available for you to open : Drug task force, Canine, Criminal Investigator, Arson Investigator, SWAT, etc. Have fun and be safe. Recon6036, he obviously already has great support from his family. He will need it for the rest of his career. I "retired" after 36 years as a State Game Warden and have just completed my 6th year as a part time Deputy Sheriff. To Stefin : Don't let 'em get behind you !!
Couldn’t agree more. I currently have 26 yrs in with 9 more to go.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies and well wishes everyone. He’s obviously super excited and I wish him a successful and safe career.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back