New guy from Eastern Ohio

JakeC

Glad to be a part of the site. As stated in the title, I'm from eastern Ohio. grew up hunting whitetail and small game. I've been saying "one day I'm going to go out west and hunt elk in the mountains" since I was a teenager. Well, a few weeks ago I stumbled on the Hunt Talk podcast after hearing Randy on the Wired to Hunt podcast and decided that "one day" will never come if I don't get off my butt and make it happen. So, I decided that I'm heading west in 2018 for an OTC DIY elk hunt. Hopefully I can convince a friend to go strap a bunch of weight on their back, and hike way back in the mountains, and then hike our guts out for the possible opportunity to see an Elk, and if we're REALLY lucky to have to pack hundreds of pounds of said Elk out of the mountains... Should be easy right? If not I guess I'll go solo.

welcome and good luck on your 2018 elk hunt. if you need any info you have come to the right site!

Welcome dude! I'm from northeastern ohio too! I'm trying to get to Colorado for mule deer this fall! I got a taste of the West in 2012 when I went on a guided rifle hunt for elk, and I have beven dying to get back out west ever since. It changed hunting for me. Good luck brother

Welcome to the forum! I am in Ohio as well. I live north of Columbus near Cardington. I am planning an Elk/Mule Deer DIY hunt next fall in Wyoming with a co-worker and a high school classmate of mine.

Thanks for all the welcomes. good to see a bunch of fellow buckeyes onboard.

Newbie to the forum here too! Also from NE Ohio, just north of Akron! Been dreaming of that Western adventure too. Haven't gotten as far as you to set a date though!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back