Caribou Gear Tarp

New here from MT

elkhuntinfool78

Hello all,

New to the forum. I'm a 6th generation Montanan who grew up in a family where hunting was like religion....lol. Have pretty much only hunted my home state, archery elk has always been my passion. That said I was fortunate enough to go on my life long childhood dream hunt this past September, AK moose and you might say AK is all I think about now....lol. Just dreaming of how to get back there for another adventure. Had a true trip of a lifetime for me and couldn't be more thankful. I've been married for 25 years to the love of my life, she even puts up with my hunting obsession and has been known to even pack out an elk quarter or two. Anyway this looks like a great place to be with like minded people, happy to be here

Stationed in Lakeside, Mont last few years in the service and lived about a year and a half in Alaska. Alaska is a great place to go but for living I'll take Montana every time! bad thing about Montana is the influx of hippie types is destroying it. Kalispell and Pole Bridge last time I was up there were destroyed by those people! Lakeside almost as bad!

I graduated high school in Bigfork and it's no doubt changed a lot since then. But then so has most of the state.

I think one of the best things I enjoyed about alaska is the fact that there is still some remote country to be found. Once I was dropped off in the float plane life was good.

I still love hunting in montana but it's almost impossible to get completely away from people nowadays.

[QUOTE="elkhuntinfool78, post: 3717224,

I still love hunting in montana but it's almost impossible to get completely away from people nowadays.
[/QUOTE]
No it isn't. mtmuley

Stationed in Lakeside, Mont last few years in the service and lived about a year and a half in Alaska. Alaska is a great place to go but for living I'll take Montana every time! bad thing about Montana is the influx of hippie types is destroying it. Kalispell and Pole Bridge last time I was up there were destroyed by those people! Lakeside almost as bad!
So you were stationed at the Blacktail radar station back when the Ruskies where shooting monkeys into space? OMG

[QUOTE="elkhuntinfool78, post: 3717224,

No it isn't. mtmuley
[/QUOTE]
You might have noticed I said "almost " impossible. I still manage to find good areas but there's no question I see more and more people in places I never would have seen anyone 10 years ago. I guess if you think it's easy to get away from people then we probably have different ideas in that regard.

No it isn't. mtmuley
You might have noticed I said "almost " impossible. I still manage to find good areas but there's no question I see more and more people in places I never would have seen anyone 10 years ago. I guess if you think it's easy to get away from people then we probably have different ideas in that regard.
[/QUOTE]
I live in the Root. Still can be by myself on the West side. But I agree. Lots more people. mtmuley

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back