Yeti GOBOX Collection

My Avatar Is

Mine is of the first bull I shot after losing my pops. Up to that season, he and I were always together for elk hunting since I can remember. I know he brings me good luck, as I have been fortunate to go five for five since then.

My avatar is the only whitetail buck I've ever killed. Last Nov, with a bow.

Attachments

• 20161112_160327.jpg
    20161112_160327.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 208
Altai Ibex from the Altai mountain in Mongolia. I was asked to be the keynote speaker for the 2012 Annual Mine Closure & Reclamation Conference in Mongolia. Seeing that the conference was also during ibex season really got me excited. Ibex hunting was a bucket list item for me that I didn't think I would get to do. Even with a last minute discounted tag it still really strapped us financially, but we made it work. It was a different feeling knowing how much the family was sacrificing to let me go. I wasn't coming home without one even if it killed me. The Altai mountain are a very hard place to hunt and I was the only person in camp to get one. I shot him at about 5:30 PM. After butchering and trophy prep we left the kill site around 7:30 PM. We made it back to the jeeps around 2:00 AM in temps well below freezing. It was a brutal hike out and was in terrible shape have not time to train. The trophy isn't a monster, but it represents so many things and a lot of memories.

The year before I went the guys from Eastmans went and swore they would never go back. Their episode is on Youtube. We flew into the same remote airport and, I believe, hunted the same mountain range.

View attachment 70582
That is awesome!!

Mine is a selfie with my 1st Roosevelt Shed found in a clearcut in 2015 on my 1st Blacktail hunt, sporting my 1st beard , my divorce became final in DEC 2014, a 1st as well, later in Feb 2015 I made the decision to go full redneck and not shave or cut my hair till the end of my hunting season that year at the end of November , and it's was a year of 1st for me , as later after this pic , I got my 1st Blacktail buck then a month later to the day, I got my 1st Elk, spent my whole marriage and young adult life all clean cut......hard to imagine, but it's the same dude, one looks like a banker the other , fresh outta jail... Ha Ha Ha.. life its amazing

IMG_5338.jpg
IMG_5339.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is from my 2017 hunting season. My second buck of the season. I had a good year harvesting 2 bucks and 2 does.

A dall sheep in Eastern Alaska. Two day hike in to a walk-in only area. The trip about killed us, but one of my best memories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back