Caribou Gear

My Avatar Is

My avatar is an old picture of John "Chic" Sconfienza. He was my next door neighbor that passed away at age 87 just a few weeks ago. He was born in 1930 in the Meaderville district of Butte. He moved to Wise River in the 40's and had been here his whole life. His life was filled with an adventure everyday- his yard is decorated with old mining implements and old Army-related items such as guns and bombs. You cannot mistake his place when you drive by- 7 miles south of Wise River on the Scenic Byway. He was a collector of fine automobiles including Mercedes, Ferrari, Astin Martin, Rolls Royce, and many others. And a great collection of new and old tractors. His firearm collection was second to none. The ATF even stopped by the other day to ensure everything has paperwork and is legit. They did not find any dynamite and the 30mm cannon checked out.
Rest in peace good friend, Chic. We will miss you.

Amazing story and god bless. Life is a blessing because of people we meet. Love the bottom picture. Looks like one spoiled dog. Did it go to a loved one?

Mine is the insignia of the fighter squadron I was attached to during three deployments to SE Asia. I chose this to pay tribute to all the aircrews killed or captured while hauling iron to North Vietnam during that ill advised fiasco.

Nebraska Mulie I shot on the last day. I spotted him and 5 Does in some Sandhills as he was breeding a Doe. Being the gentleman I am I let him finish and dropped him from 345 yards right through the heart. Biggest problem was wiping the smile off his face for the picture! John

Mine is my Montana Mountain goat. Although you can't see it in the avatar, I'm holding up one of his horns that got busted off when I shot him off a cliff. My first shot on reasonable ground was not good and he made it to some cliffs where he couldn't navigate. I had no choice but to end it and take what I could get.

Attachments

• 201_0119.jpg
    201_0119.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Mine is a selfie on a sea cliff on Lana'i, Hawaii. I tried to get a friend to take a picture of me but he wouldn't get within 20 yards of the edge. A couple of days later another friend arrowed a nice mouflon ram that ran off the cliff. We got in my inflatable kayak and paddled 4 miles each way up the coast to make the retrieve.

Attachments

• 20120729_140414.jpg
    20120729_140414.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 305
  • 20120731_183009.jpg
    20120731_183009.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 300
Exalted Ruler, by CMR. My dad had a print hanging above the fireplace and for years the neighbor thought it was painted by Tomy Brothers. I'm guessing not too many will get that reference...

634x375Exalted-Ruler1_2376b.jpg

Mine is the insignia of the fighter squadron I was attached to during three deployments to SE Asia. I chose this to pay tribute to all the aircrews killed or captured while hauling iron to North Vietnam during that ill advised fiasco.

Thank you for your service and god bless those lost.

Picture of a buck from 2009 along with my dad and uncle. Haven't bothered to change it. Will hopefully be updating it after this fall!
DSC02293.jpg

Cool thread idea. Mine is a picture of my wife, daughter, and me standing at the edge of the rim rock in my parents' backyard last summer, overlooking the cascades in Central Oregon. My daughter was about four months old at the time. This summer she's going to be my hiking buddy.

I just put a picture in to, it's a neat pic of a coyote I got in a snare last year.IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg
Mine's a picture of me and my dad fishing in the sierras when i was maybe 3 or 4 years old. this was while he was still a monster of a man before he got crohn's disease.

Back