MT Mountain Goat!

Nice work on a great billy and good shooting! 470 is a pretty good poke with mountain winds to contend with, did you use your 6.5-284? Goat hunting is some of my favorite hunting. Congratulations on the kid on the way as well.
James Slayton

Congrats on the tag and hunt of a lifetime whiskey. That is a beautiful goat I hope someday I get to chase those awesome animals in such beautiful scenery before I'm too old.

Congrats on a great hunt and taking a real trophy. Thanks for taking us along through your story and pictures.

James, yes on the rifle. Switched from Bergers to the new ELD-X...first critter shot with the new load!

Congrats on the goat and a great hunt!

I'm taking my 6.5 Creedmoor after antelope and deer soon, switched over to the 143gr ELD-Xs from 120gr GMXs, I've gotten much better accuracy out of them.

Congrats on the goat and a great hunt!

I'm taking my 6.5 Creedmoor after antelope and deer soon, switched over to the 143gr ELD-Xs from 120gr GMXs, I've gotten much better accuracy out of them.

Thanks! I think you'll be more than happy with the Hornady's. They shoot as well or better than the bergers I was using in my 6.5. I'm definitely pleased with how they worked on the goat. The 140gr bergers I was using killed several elk, deer, and antelope, but I didn't like the lack of blood I was getting after the shot.

Glad your brother was along to enjoy the experience and help with the real work! Great goat and spectacular country. You earned that old billy.

Nice pics!! Not sure sheep/goats are my cup of tea but I sure do love seeing the pics from these hunts. :)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back