Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MT hard water

Great looking day out on the water...er i mean ice...damn that looks like a cold trip...good way to test out clothing i suppose! Awesome pics as per usual.

Another trip on the hard water. Weather was pretty good and GuNR had his bed this time.;) I put 14 or 15 northerns on the ice, but only kept 6 and one walley. I had a really nice one at the hole, but he saw my ugle mug and proceded to break the line. Still a good time.

What are you looking at?
3_zpsd8b5d33e.jpg

The bottom one apparently had a scoliosis issue. He went back in the hole after this pic.
10_zps7e71423b.jpg

While I cooked breatfast this morning, GuNR kept track of the lines.
11_zpsc1bd2662.jpg

Started to get some rain, so I snapped a kept recap and headed back home. Guess I better sharpen the knife and get busy.
15_zps8c15fd72.jpg

I had to document GuNR's first walleye retrieve. He had a fun weekend as well.
21_zps800a53b4.jpg

Very nice! Looks like a good day/weekend. I got to do your kids' laundry, hang some window blinds, and talk about what color to repaint various rooms of our 2yo house... :rolleyes:

Fishing wasn't exactly "hot" on the ice this weekend. GuNR got in plenty of naps.

2_zps512f0965.jpg

Only a handful of northerns and this is the only one I brought home.

14_zpsd9c82fc8.jpg

Wasn't a total bust, I picked up my best walleye.

11_zps66f284a0.jpg

Obligatory fish-fetch.

8_zpseb9d3de8.jpg

Nice Walleye! Start days off tomorrow and hope to get some ice fishing in over the next couple days myself.

Back