Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana long beard down!

wingman1

Just kidding!:eek:. Anyone going? I think I'm going to shoot the first legal bird. Taking my four year old son out on his first hunting adventure tomorrow. He's been talking about it for two weeks non stop. I think I'm almost excited as he is. Good luck to all and be safe out there.

Thinking of waiting until the end of the month myself.I have one opportunity to go this year and I'm NOT hunting in the snow like every other year..Good luck to all on the opener.I signed up for shock therapy,hopefully I forget about turkeys for three/four weeks.

Wish you the best of luck! I have to wait til Easter to be able and get out and chase em.

Season starts tomorrow here...got to work in the morning....spsed to be high winds all day and rain/snow on Sunday should be fun:cool:

Good luck, and keep us posted.

I took my 8yr. old daughter, Hannah out last year and she killed first gobbler with her great grand dads 410. we both had an awsome morning, and she is pumped to get back after them again this year.

My son has been talking about turkeys for weeks now.He still has a couple weeks to wait.He got a good tom last season,and finally shook his turkey fever;having choked the two years prior.We'll have to get it done quick as we leave for Florida for the 2nd week of season.Good luck to you both.Definitely a great hunt to get a kid started with.My 4 yr old will get to go with me a time or two this year

It was a great day to be alive! I need to get used to allowing extra time to get the little guy ready for this stuff, thats for sure. He did bounce right up at 5:00 am though. The birds were not very responsive to calling this morning although we were able to get in the way of this guy and get a shot. It was a lot of fun to just get out and enjoy the outdoors with my son. I think he is hooked for life. I hope everyone is having a great season so far.

Attachments

• IMAG0627 (976 x 1296).jpg
    IMAG0627 (976 x 1296).jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 273
Looks like fun! Was that in your neck of the woods? You have too be patient with those little yippers when you take them out. I remember taking one of my boys and everytime a squirrel would start chirping he'd yell out "Did you hear that dad?" Needless to say no elk came in but he heard the bugling. Just have to get your priorities straight and it looks like you did.

That is just fricken cool. Great job getting the kids out.

Took my Daughter to a father/daughter dance tonight for her girl scouts. Wasn't quite as cool as being in the field with her but was still pretty dang cool:)

Critter not to get all sappy but going with her to things like that will have a greater impact than anything you'll ever do hunting (unless you kill a pack o wolves):D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back