Caribou Gear

MOntana - Deer Combo

YankeeHunter66

question, if I am only getting a General - Deer combo and I dont plan on getting anything else over the next few years do I need to purchase "Preference Fee"

Our group didn't check that last year and likely wasn't drawn because of it. There was over 1,000 additional people applying over the NR quota last year. Thankfully for me, I picked up a returned tag and was still able to go. I would make sure you check "Preference Fee" for this years drawing.

Our group didn't check that last year and likely wasn't drawn because of it. There was over 1,000 additional people applying over the NR quota last year. Thankfully for me, I picked up a returned tag and was still able to go. I would make sure you check "Preference Fee" for this years drawing.

Yup . I would think by buying a pref point a guy would feel pretty confident . Without one it's gonna be dicey . Well worth the extra $50. I bought one for big game combo just to be sure . Spent $50 on worse things .

I think last year was a fluke because of winter kill in other states. I personally would not buy a point I think that deer tag is the highest in the nation or really close. For the first time in 17 years I'm really debating on dropping Montana deer/elk the combo isn't to bad considering you get both tags. Elk and Deer alone are more than I can see myself paying. I think the new evasive species fee and the base license fees last year did it for me. That crap is ridiculous!

I think last year was a fluke because of winter kill in other states. I personally would not buy a point I think that deer tag is the highest in the nation or really close. For the first time in 17 years I'm really debating on dropping Montana deer/elk the combo isn't to bad considering you get both tags. Elk and Deer alone are more than I can see myself paying. I think the new evasive species fee and the base license fees last year did it for me. That crap is ridiculous!

Yeh way til u see the new aquatic nuisance fees this year why hunters have to pay that is beyond me .

Yeh way til u see the new aquatic nuisance fees this year why hunters have to pay that is beyond me .

Oh I've seen it and I am pretty sure that was the final nail for me. Crazy!!!! I'm having real trouble swallowing those pills lately. I've got all the hunting I can do here honestly. So the odds will go up by one. Haha haha I will apply for big 3 though.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back