Yeti GOBOX Collection

AZ Coues vs CO Muley vs MT Gen.

bpeay4

What would you do? An Arizona Coues deer hunt for 2 points, a Colorado Mule deer hunt for 2 points or a Montana General deer tag? Part of me thinks I need to wait a couple more years for a worth while tag in CO or AZ but I also have the schedule to make a trip work this year. Also considering a Montana General deer tag.

A two point AZ coues hunt will be fun if you put in some effort, a non-res 2 pt co deer hunt might not be no matter what you do. Consider your goals very carefully before you apply.

Yep, CO mule deer. I've hunted a lot of coues, I will never understand the hype
Big muley bucks make my heart leap a little (not like an elk does, but still). I've not hunted a lot of Coues, despite having nearby access. I don't understand the hype at all. Looks like someone's mid-size dog got loose in the desert. I showed a buddy what I thought was a decentish Coues buck that I passed in early January one year and he said I was really dumb for not arrowing him. Everyone is different.

I read a lot about this. All the big bucks are dead in Colorado. I would go Coues deer hunting.

Mule deer and elk are much easier to hunt than coues deer. Significantly easier.

I agree though, coues deer are over hyped and not worth applying for.
I agree, I never understood the allure of coues deer, just a small whitetail. Maybe there is something I'm missing I dunno. FL has tons of small whitetail be better off doing that for much cheaper and funds left over for some offshore fishing. Or just head to the midwest and get a big whitetail. Maybe it's the terrain you're hunting them in I guess.

Agree that Coues is mainly spotting one.....try it with traditional archery gear and you will appreciate the challenge.

I agree, I never understood the allure of coues deer, just a small whitetail. Maybe there is something I'm missing I dunno. FL has tons of small whitetail be better off doing that for much cheaper and funds left over for some offshore fishing. Or just head to the midwest and get a big whitetail. Maybe it's the terrain you're hunting them in I guess.
The draw of coues hunting to me is the glassing intensive hunting style and the country that they live in. It's a totally different hunting style than any other whitetail hunting I've done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back