Montana Breaks advice

Just kidding you.
Spent four days at Hell creek.i can steer you to a decent 6 pt bull if you have the tag and get desperate.

I've seen more bulls out here in my two trips than most guys see in ten years. Loving it. Just haven't seen the one. mtmuley

mtmuley how is the mud today down there? Any snow left? My son and have cow tags and plan to hunt Friday if it’s not too muddy to get in.

mtmuley how is the mud today down there? Any snow left? My son and have cow tags and plan to hunt Friday if it’s not too muddy to get in.

There are some bad spots here and there on the roads. No snow. Walking isn't bad. Gorgeous weather. What area you going to hunt? mtmuley

False. There are gated roads on CMR that vehicles are locked out of. I've ridden 7 miles on a closed road on the north side of the river where vehicles had not been in over a month due to restrictions.

As far as a bike goes, Id take the fatbike over my regular 29er mtb. If it gets to raining, spray Pam cooking spray on the entire bike. Trust me...hell, carry that can of Pam cooking spray with you for your boots as well.

Lots of negative Nancies on here, but if it was me, I'd say most of em are lazy af and just spewing haterade on your idea to out work em.

Have you thought about a trailer for your bike to haul gear/meat with? Thats what I did when I drew that tag three years ago. Rode a ways in and locked it to a tree and then hiked in to set up a camp. Never saw a single person back there.
I’ll be taking Pam now, apparently?! If that works, i owe you a Pitcher of your choice… 🤣

Dude that things COOKIN! Vikki been working on Bobby Bouchet’s lawnmower again!??

How do new guys find 3 year old threads?
I’ve been scouring old threads looking for useful info… they almost all turn into arguments.. should HT just stop allowing new members? I’ve gotten a lot of crap in my first month on here.. But at least the BS back-and-forth doesn’t happen as much on 3 year old threads…

I’ve been scouring old threads looking for useful info… they almost all turn into arguments.. should HT just stop allowing new members? I’ve gotten a lot of crap in my first month on here.. But at least the BS back-and-forth doesn’t happen as much on 3 year old threads…
Just like any other group setting, it gets a little cliquish around here.

Yes, there are many strong opinions and firm ideologies here regarding hunting and a myriad of topics and issues, with debate often following a seemingly innocent question or statement posted. But there is also much to learn from others' knowledge and points of view. There are some amazingly learned and experienced HT'ers monitoring and posting on this forum. You just gotta put on your big-boy pants and take it in stride.

Maybe a word of advice.

Your profile pic probably isn’t helping your credibility or being taken serious.

Just my 2 cents.

Have you been up to the breaks at all this summer? Put your boots on, walk a lot, look through your binos a lot, and you’ll find elk. If you can’t find any elk in the breaks I don’t think internet advice will help.

Have you been up to the breaks at all this summer? Put your boots on, walk a lot, look through your binos a lot, and you’ll find elk. If you can’t find any elk in the breaks I don’t think internet advice will help.
Bingo

t'll be amazing if those breaks don't burn down this year

The brakes get this dry every year and 10's of thousands of acres burn, no one notices.
Fire is part of prairie lands' natural behavior.
This year is 3 weeks early is all.

The brakes get this dry every year and 10's of thousands of acres burn, no one notices.
Fire is part of prairie lands' natural behavior.
This year is 3 weeks early is all.
I don't disagree entirely but this year is fairly exceptional with the drought. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. Should be making hunting around the lake fun. I can't remember the last time I heard you can't get a boat in at crooked creek in June.

Yes, there are many strong opinions and firm ideologies here regarding hunting and a myriad of topics and issues, with debate often following a seemingly innocent question or statement posted. But there is also much to learn from others' knowledge and points of view. There are some amazingly learned and experienced HT'ers monitoring and posting on this forum. You just gotta put on your big-boy pants and take it in stride.
Well said. 🤙🏽🙏🏼

I agree

Back