Yeti GOBOX Collection

Missed Wyoming Elk App NR

Rdemann

I’m a nonresident looking to hunt out west this year and am wondering if I should cross Wyoming off the list since I missed the January 31st deadline. Could I get a tag in July after the first and second draws?

i haven't looked into seconday/leftover draw for elk in wyoming, but imagine some cow tags could be an option. whatever you might get might not be worth a "trip out west" though

i'd wait another year an elk. grab a pp

apply for deer and antelope though, still a plethora of "hunt out west" options

If you really want to hunt you could probably get a pretty good type 4 tag (full price cow elk) in the second draw. I wouldn't wait for the leftovers if you don't have to. Applying in the second draw would be your best chance for a good tag. But if you're wanting a bull tag I don't think that's an option.

If you really want to hunt you could probably get a pretty good type 4 tag (full price cow elk) in the second draw. I wouldn't wait for the leftovers if you don't have to. Applying in the second draw would be your best chance for a good tag. But if you're wanting a bull tag I don't think that's an option.
Thanks for the info!

i haven't looked into seconday/leftover draw for elk in wyoming, but imagine some cow tags could be an option. whatever you might get might not be worth a "trip out west" though

i'd wait another year an elk. grab a pp

apply for deer and antelope though, still a plethora of "hunt out west" options
Thanks for the info!

There are a few units that consistently have leftover bull tags, but that is because they have some problem, usually access. If you're willing to hire an outfitter these might be an option, 125 and 97 come to mind. You can definitely get a cow tag too. You'll need a few preference points to be sure of drawing a bull tag, other than the random draw.

There are a few units that consistently have leftover bull tags, but that is because they have some problem, usually access. If you're willing to hire an outfitter these might be an option, 125 and 97 come to mind. You can definitely get a cow tag too. You'll need a few preference points to be sure of drawing a bull tag, other than the random draw.
I would caution everyone about area 125. There is very little public land and the public land is blocked by private. If you can find permission to cross private I'm sure you'd do fine.

Back