MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Minnesota's Proposed "Assault Weapon" Bans (2024)

Here is the bill sponsor talking about it before they passed the bill.

The title and thumbnail tell enough... I refuse to click on it!!!!!

I haven't seen anything like that anywhere... 90% of Minnesota ignores what 10% (Twin Cities) of Minnesota is doing...

You know, I thought that way until they started arresting guys for surfing, or moms for taking their kids to the park during Covid. And neighbors snitching if your Thanksgiving crowd was too large. Never thought the police would carry out what were clearly un-Constitutional orders, but they did.

It was amazing how many became "Good Germans" in a period of a few months.
yup. It changed my view.

My apologies. Make a square from Monticello to Hastings, that's the real problem area.
pretty much. Add in Duluth and Rochester. Hopefully Pelowski's replacement in Winona isn't the teacher or the activist, but they'll push hard to get all the college kids in the dorms to vote for them. It's been bad enough having Pelowski on the government teat 3 ways for decades (public school teacher, college teacher, and rep), we don't need Voegli to follow in his damn footsteps and be just as worthless.

Man did this thread turn into a big pile of 💩🔥 of political hot topics.

Too much to even keep up with or honestly discredit. I'll hit the few big ones.
Yea, it's considered a liberal state but here's what it actually looks like voting wise. They won't be taking anything from anybody around most of the state.
View attachment 316052

same story in almost every state. Washington, oregon,az, penn, ohio, georgia.
good thing land doesn't vote in America so this is ultimately a pointless map that always gets shown to somehow show that Republicans should run the country.
In MN we've taken it one step further by requiring schools to stock feminine products in the boys bathrooms!
Does a little tampon hurt your feelings?
WELL joe biden openly said on national tv "I AM GOING TO TAKE YOUR ar15's". How MANY gun owners VOTED for him. Well some how he was ELECTED so out of over 110 million gun owners some must have voted for the guy that said I am taking YOUR guns. I vote for PRO GUN people !!!!
Most research and polling shows that the majority of gun owners are fine with additional requirements to own certain firearms. Voting only on one topic for a candidate always leads to other consequences.
Many large polls avaliable so I'll just pull the first and easiest: https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/09/13/key-facts-about-americans-and-guns/

good thing land doesn't vote in America so this is ultimately a pointless map that always gets shown to somehow show that Republicans should run the country.

Most research and polling shows that the majority of gun owners are fine with additional requirements to own certain firearms. Voting only on one topic for a candidate always leads to other consequences.
Many large polls avaliable so I'll just pull the first and easiest: https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/09/13/key-facts-about-americans-and-guns/
Minnesotans used to be proud of being a moderate state of free thinkers... So much so that we elected a third party governor! Now with a democrat trifecta controlling state government, they have pushed through the most liberal agenda in the country the last two years. The bathroom thing was a minor example. The gun laws are the more concerning ones.

Minnesotans used to be proud of being a moderate state of free thinkers... So much so that we elected a third party governor! Now with a democrat trifecta controlling state government, they have pushed through the most liberal agenda in the country the last two years. The bathroom thing was a minor example. The gun laws are the more concerning ones.
Come across to SD where we have the most conservative agenda that stays out of the national headlines for the most part haha!

And are you taking about Jesse Ventura from Predator? Well before my time in the voting world, but that just sounds wild
You're correct, land doesn't vote, but is MN as a whole well represented by a few big cities? I would say no.
I would always say that each person is entitled to their vote (with a few rules around that obviously), so if the folks who have the highest number live in a city, which they tend to do, then yes they would control certain aspects of the State. That's the way the country is set up for representation as a whole. That's just part of federalism as a whole, feds cover the whole control, state covers their state, county covers their county, city covers their city, so on down,

As YouTube 2A influencers go, WGL (OP video) is a decent source of info.

Fast forward a few years the 2A state to state landscape will be “black and white” - all Blue states will have layers upon layers of regulations and bans and the Red states will have nothing more than the Fed laws. The only protection for Blue state gun owners will be that provided it by SCOTUS and that will go away as this court ages.

If you like your guns you had better start finding a way for moderates to start voting GOP again or US will look like Canada within 20 years.

Arguably Massachusetts has some of the strictest laws in the country, and are in many ways a model of most of these bills; CO MN etc.

Yet this is an email from my local shop in Boston, which was minutes from my house. When you buy a gun they do all the paperwork for you and hand hold you through registration. From a user standpoint not much different than buying a black gun in MT other than some paperwork 🤷‍♂️

I mean suppressors with the stamp/trust etc bs has been pretty streamlined…

N=1 but seems like there is a lot of wild hyperbole on both sides of this issue. I think these below are preban? But there are tons of the available so to the libs I’m like you can still buy assault weapons so what good did the law do, and to the conservatives who preach Godwin conditions I’m like well I can walk down the street and walk out with a 30rd mag and an AR even with the law…

But I bet the R and D parties are getting lots of contributions…
IMG_5782.png

IMG_5784.png
IMG_5783.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Give an inch and they will take a mile!

The title and thumbnail tell enough... I refuse to click on it!!!!!

I haven't seen anything like that anywhere... 90% of Minnesota ignores what 10% (Twin Cities) of Minnesota is doing...
Twin Cities Metro is about half of the state’s population, so hard to ignore. And even outstate, the Northeast still votes way more Dem that similar rural areas in NW MN, SW MN, Northern WI and the Dakotas. MN is a real mix. Some want to be Portland, some want to be Topeka, some want to be Williston, some still pretend we are in the iron mining heydays, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back