Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Minnesota's Proposed "Assault Weapon" Bans (2024)

I'd be more concerned about this one that bans all lead ammunition, I could see this being more likely to pass because it won't get the press:

That is completely impractical and first offense is 500. With no phase in period, instantly making the entire states sportsman and women guilty.

That’s some good thinking right there. 🤦🏼 FFS

That is completely impractical and first offense is 500. With no phase in period, instantly making the entire states sportsman and women guilty.

That’s some good thinking right there. 🤦🏼 FFS
oh absolutely, and it's completely intentional. They know they can't really get away with banning many guns, so they'll price everyone out of using them.

Typically, a hypothesis is postulated, e.g., are lead levels increased in shooters and wells near shooting ranges? Measure and see.

Here, they assume there's a problem, spend all kinds of money, and only in the last two steps do they measure anything.

OTOH, if they're trading one-for-one we could all buy 10,000 of the cheapest lead bullets we could find, and swap them for Hammers, Barnes, Cutting Edge, etc. Generational bullet supply.

As YouTube 2A influencers go, WGL (OP video) is a decent source of info.

Fast forward a few years the 2A state to state landscape will be “black and white” - all Blue states will have layers upon layers of regulations and bans and the Red states will have nothing more than the Fed laws. The only protection for Blue state gun owners will be that provided it by SCOTUS and that will go away as this court ages.

If you like your guns you had better start finding a way for moderates to start voting GOP again or US will look like Canada within 20 years.

Typically, a hypothesis is postulated, e.g., are lead levels increased in shooters and wells near shooting ranges? Measure and see.

Here, they assume there's a problem, spend all kinds of money, and only in the last two steps do they measure anything.

OTOH, if they're trading one-for-one we could all buy 10,000 of the cheapest lead bullets we could find, and swap them for Hammers, Barnes, Cutting Edge, etc. Generational bullet supply.
Except for there’s no funding source tied to how they’re gonna do the vouchers. So the reality is, it’s never gonna happen.

Wasnt even 2 years into it, and jailing/fining/firing the unvaccinated was a thing.

I literally wondered my whole life how people in Germany let Nazism takeover. Now i know.
Speaking of COVID restrictions, some are still pushing "mandatory injection" and infringement of religious, constitutionally protected rights (also in Minnesota):

Dems seek to eliminate belief-based vax exemptions for families enrolled in daycare​

Sen. Liz Boldon said her bill is as much about business freedom as it is protecting the health and safety of children.

This isn't even worth worrying about. Tell me, who is going to come take your firearm, local LE, federal LE? Neither.
Passive enforcement would suck just as bad for the average person. You get in a car accident and a handgun with 16 round magazine is found. Your house is robbed and the cops see evidence of firearms when investigating. You have a home fire, you have a nosy neighbor, your kid has a big mouth at school, etc etc etc. Keeping firearms that make you a "dead man waking" felon waiting to happen is not a viable approach to gun ownership. Most would just give them up - which is exactly what they are hoping for.

Frankly, the way I think this ends is a firearms ownership tax, under the guise of funding violence related costs, where registration and annual tax based on value of owned firearms is instituted. Since courts give very wide berth to taxing authority, I could see it surviving 2A scrutiny. Then they would have their registry, they could ramp up the fees, average folks would have to give them up rather than pay the taxes, and enforcement would work like IRS. Not good, not good at all. An insurance requirement would be a similar or additive attack. Require insurance, set ridiculously high minimums, and politically/socially discourage insurance companies from offering.

Gun owners had better find a way to partner with suburban soccer mom's or the end of gun ownership is already written. . . . As go the suburbs, so goes long term politics. A bunch of idiots walking through Walmart with AKs is not helping. Ignoring the fact that in the voting booth strict abortion restrictions are a proven loser, the marketing of the weekend warrior narrative, etc etc, are just hastening the end.

Last edited:
Speaking of COVID restrictions, some are still pushing "mandatory injection" and infringement of religious, constitutionally protected rights (also in Minnesota):

Dems seek to eliminate belief-based vax exemptions for families enrolled in daycare​

Sen. Liz Boldon said her bill is as much about business freedom as it is protecting the health and safety of children.

We had mandatory vaccines for 70 years without a peep and without an end to constitutional rights. There is no constitutional right to be vaccine-free. This is a recent craze driven by repeatedly discredited anti-vaxxer studies in a world that has forgotten about small pox and polio. Societies (even during the time of the ratification of the constitution for folks who like that approach) placed collective health ahead of personal beliefs/preferences. To do otherwise is social suicide. This and flat earth theories have to run their course and we need to move on.

Last edited:
We had mandatory vaccines for 70 years without a peep and without an end to constitutional rights. There is no constitutional right to be vaccine-free. This is a recent craze driven by repeatedly discredited anti-vaxxer studies in a world that has forgotten about small pox and polio. Societies (even during the time of the ratification of the constitution for folks who like that approach) that placed collective health ahead of personal beliefs/preferences. To do otherwise is social suicide. This and flat earth theories have to run their course and we need to move on.
mRNA injections (so-called "vaccines") are a whole 'nother story. I don't flatly object to all vaccines. However, there is too much to unpack in your statement, so it is obvious that we won't agree. I mean no disrespect, just more than I care to drag into this forum/topic discussion.

However, religious exceptions are age-old and only newly disrespected/rejected in free societies. Voluntary vaccinations, with appropriately vetted vaccines (such as many that you name here), are fine with me.

mRNA injections (so-called "vaccines") are a whole 'nother story. I don't flatly object to all vaccines. However, there is too much to unpack in your statement, so it is obvious that we won't agree. I mean no disrespect, just more than I care to drag into this forum/topic discussion.

However, religious exceptions are age-old and only newly disrespected/rejected in free societies. Voluntary vaccinations, with appropriately vetted vaccines (such as many that you name here), are fine with me.
Wow - great reply. You are correct - I layered too much into one paragraph. Thanks for the reasonable response - I agree I needed to take a deep breath before posting that. I agree we would probably disagree on much if there was a vaccine thread, and also agree that this is not the place to wrestle with that.

Last edited:
Wow - great reply. You are correct - I layered too much into one paragraph. Thanks for the reasonable response - I agree I needed to take a deep breath before posting that. I agree we would probably disagree on much if there was a vaccine thread, and also agree that this is not the place to wrestle with that.
I'd still drink a beer with you. 👍

Gun owners had better find a way to partner with suburban soccer mom's or the end of gun ownership is already written. . . . As go the suburbs, so goes long term politics. A bunch of idiots walking through Walmart with AKs is not helping. Ignoring the fact that in the voting booth strict abortion restrictions are a proven loser, the marketing of the weekend warrior narrative, etc etc, are just hastening the end.
I would also say partnering with minorities and immigrants who often don't live in the best of neighborhoods. The prospect of self defense is real to them and they know the cops won't always be there.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back