Location of episode 9 season 2

fishing4sanity

Where was the antelope hunt from episode 9 of season 2 filmed? Also, I'm hoping to go on my first ever antelope hunt this fall, I've been looking at Wyoming area 83, any advice for that area or others would be appreciated.

Sanity Angler - We don't give specific units of where we are hunting. For many reasons. First being that if we did, the entire audience would be thinking about applying there. Second being that we think part of the On Your Own Adventure is doing your research and finding spots to go.

Might sound selfish, but just the way we do it. Sometimes it is a once in a lifetime hunt and people quickly realize we are hunting the Missouri River Breaks in Montana for bighorn sheep.

If you draw the area you are looking at, there are plenty of antelope in that unit. You would do good if you drew that tag. Just get a good map, GPS, and the map chips with land ownership. There are some private land issues you will want to navigate in that unit.

Good luck.

Get in the special draw if you want a unit 83 tag unless you have a preference point.

My brother and I farm and hunt together and we each have 1 point, just looking for a good spot with adequate public access. If I'm reading the draw results correctly it looked like 1 point would probably work for area 83.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back