Caribou Gear Tarp

Living through your hunts this year

plumber1969

Guy, me and the wife will have to live vicariously through your eyes this year. We have taken in my father who is battling Alzheimer's right now. He is a tough old bird at 88 and I made him a promise that I wouldn't put him in a home unless he wanted to or we couldn't do it anymore. Last night, he didn't even know he had a son, didn't know my name, didn't know I was married etc....... I was worried about a stroke but he had no symptoms or signs. Called my doc and he was quite sure he was having other issues. This morning, completely different person. He was alert, knew who we were, etc.... no UTI or any other issues. Just enjoying my time with him the best way I can. While he was confused, I told my sister I was having him change the will and cutting her off :D, she was less than amused. We were trying again for New Mexico and maybe something will fall through for us but we are wishing all of you the best of luck this season and looking forward to the Youtube videos.

Thats a terrible disease for a family to go through. Good luck taking care of him and best wishes.

that is a brutal disease. Kudos to you and your wife for taking care of him as long as you can.

Thanks guys. We take it one day at a time with him and for those who have done this before, some days are like broken records. We just remain calm with him and enjoy our time together. I like to take him for laps around Home Depot or Walmart and not buy anything but it gives him exercise and gets him out the house.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Djulson
Back