Judging Pronghorn

This gets me excited. I have enough points that I should draw in Nevada and Wyoming this year. I might even pic up an unlimited tag in Idaho and go for a trio.

Here are some for fun. All are from 2014 except the first one (2013).

A few of them are fairly deceiving while a few of them are pretty obvious.

86 B&C

1.jpg
2.jpg

90 B&C
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

88 6/8 B&C
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

85 6/8 B&C
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

89 2/8 B&C
12.jpg
13.jpg

92 B&C
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg

89 4/8 B&C
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg

90 4/8 B&C
20.jpg
21.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics Eli! It's amazing what MASS does to the score! The score on several of the bucks in your pics suprised me until they turned a different angle to see the mass and prongs.Several of them look like they have stovepipes coming out of their heads! Congrats on another great year!

We just don't get that kind of length here in Montana wow! Most of the bucks that make the book here are in the mid to upper 15's a few in the low 16's ..here mass and prong length are usually the factors that get them above 80. the mass above the prong is crucial also an 80 plus buck will usually have a 3 1/2 " plus measurement above the prong.. they are hard to judge! I scored a buck a few years back that looked like he would score in the high 70's buck had prong lengths of 8 7/8 s and 9" which put him over the top and barely into the all time book.. not much help I know but..so I mainly rely on the eye test wow factor (guess) good luck!

Man antelope are hard to judge. What does this monster go?

Attachments

• TG lope.jpg
    TG lope.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 534
I not hunted antelope in years since I got elk fever but still like watching them and do some photos.
Thanks for the pictures,enjoying them !

I hope it's not one of "those bucks" that someone takes 3 measurements below the prong? Doesn't seem right when that happens!

It may be one of those that have the mass measures under the prong. Even so i would take a more usual 82 inch buck over that smallish looking thing.

Last edited:
No way there are 3 mass measurements under the prong on that buck, no way. I wouldn't shoot it on a leftover tag...its a runt.

Eyeball black to black is 2". You do not get d3 under the prong. Also you can't be 100% certain from one angle - but you can be pretty close.

He's too huge to reveal the score. Will require a panel measurement.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back