Need recommendations for low budget binos

pawhitetail

As the title states I am looking for recommendations for a low budget binocular for my 11 year old son. He's saved up some money and wants to upgrade from the cheapies I gave him to use. I have a set of vortex vipers and he really likes them but he doesn't have enough saved up for them. We looked at a pair of diamondback hd's that he likes. Anything he buys will be better than the cheapies he has now lol but are the diamondbacks the best bang for buck in that price range or should we be checking out some other lines?

Kowa 6x30 are great if enough magnification. I bought two pair for my kids. They're at least as good as my Leupold version.

Steiner MM 8x30 can be had for less than $300. These were my primary glass for years before they were stolen.

I think the best kids Bino on the market right now is the Kowa 6.5x32.

Probably the best made binocular I’ve seen come out of China for under $500.

Vangaurd Endeavor HD or ED. Youll be surprised. I have leupold, Vortex and these are better.

I d go used vortex diamondback 10x42 Binoculars and that should be more than enough for the rest of his teenage hunting career.

I started with the diamondbacks. They did fine. Just never show the kid Razors or Swaros cuz he’ll probably be upset with you lol.

DB’s were a good start for me. Better on a tripod. I’d be interested in looking at Kowa’s or Leupold’s of the same price though. Probably splitting hairs at that point

As the title states I am looking for recommendations for a low budget binocular for my 11 year old son. He's saved up some money and wants to upgrade from the cheapies I gave him to use. I have a set of vortex vipers and he really likes them but he doesn't have enough saved up for them. We looked at a pair of diamondback hd's that he likes. Anything he buys will be better than the cheapies he has now lol but are the diamondbacks the best bang for buck in that price range or should we be checking out some other lines?
If youre interested - ill cut you a great deal on talon hd 8x32s

Otherwise - checkout aapotics.com for a good price on refurb vipers.

I really like my diamondbacks, my 5 year old can look through them at the deer on our property and the sheep on the neighbors property fairly easily. In the $150 range from what I remember?

I still carry 8x42 diamondbacks, hard to beat for the money

Canon IS (image stabilizers) are great! Game changers!!! I've had 12x36 IS III's for years. They are about $600 on Amazon. You can forego a tripod with these (depending on distances).

They are not waterproof

I do want throw out that for his age I’d stick with 8’s or less. He’ll get the most out of hand holding those

I would definitely check with @MtEngineer on those talons first, if you can make those work he won’t even need an upgrade later

I bought my little brother a pair of diamond backs when he was about that age, he’s graduating in May and those are still what he uses. There are obviously better binos out there but for the average deer hunter they work just fine, he’s also pretty rough on stuff and those have never been back to vortex.

You can find the Bushnell Engage EDX pretty easily for 33% or more off and they are very good for the price point.

Back