Caribou Gear

Jason Hairston

I was thinking the same thing. That CTE stuff is for real. Who knows, but it’s scary and incredibly sad.

Very sad indeed. Also sad that people point right to this.

First from what I have heard it hasn't been confirmed a Suicide. 2nd from what I have read Suicide rate among NFL players is less that the rate among standard society.

I played a lot of football and I think I may have had one concussion. Have had two playing basketball. Soccer has the highest concussion rate for youth sports.

If it was suicide we will never really know what the story was. I don't try to think or put myself into what the man was thinking when they make that decision. I don't morn for them I morn for the people they leave behind.

Yes, it is selfish, but only to the people around them. I'd wager a lot of money that anyone who views death as their only viable and workable solution probably no longer has any comprehension of how their actions may affect someone else.

I've dealt with suicide on a very personal level. The best thing I ever did for myself was acknowledge the fact that someone else's pain was insurmountable to the point the rest of us didn't factor into the equation.

Depression is horrendous, and all too often untreated.

My prayers to out to the Hairston family and all of their friends.

Thanks for sharing - spot on.

I'm still trying to process this the next day. I thought someone must have hacked into Kuiu's Facebook account when I saw it! I immediately checked another forum I frequent and it turned out to be true. I was truly dumbfounded and in shock that someone, in my eyes, that had everything a western hunter could have possibly committed suicide. I think it may show that outside appearance isn't everything and no one really knows what goes on in everyone's personal lives. Every time I put on or see something Kuiu this will cross my mind. This next weekend while hunting muzzle-loader in CO my brother, who will be with me, will be wearing all Vias. It is going to take a very disciplined mind to not think of Jason every time I see that pattern this weekend. I'm saddened and dismayed for his family, friends, and the hunting community. Rest in peace Jason.

Tragic news indeed. Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends

Awful news, regardless of how it happened. Prayers for his family & friends....

I can only hope he has found peace from whatever brought him to that point. Prayers to his family.

Kuiu’s website confirms it was suicide.

Very unfortunate. Very tragic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back