Teacher Concealed Carry Law in Idaho

I don't know about that, Uncle Ronnie, big hearted guy that he was, pretty well beat down mental health all he could.

Google it, I don't have to because I remember what he did.
100 % correct as much as it pains me to say you’re right. For once.😂 I kid I kid.

Back to the OP’s original post. Instead of arming teachers who already are overloaded with duties and work over and above just teaching (brother and several friends are teachers) I would suggest that school boards consider perhaps axing a couple of teacher’s aids positions, and use that money to hire an SRO who is trained in enforcement work.

Back to the OP’s original post. Instead of arming teachers who already are overloaded with duties and work over and above just teaching (brother and several friends are teachers) I would suggest that school boards consider perhaps axing a couple of teacher’s aids positions, and use that money to hire an SRO who is trained in enforcement work.
Hold on there big fella …your taking away those teachers good given 2 amendment rights !! You just stop with this senseable nonsense or your 511s are getting taken away

Hold on there big fella …your taking away those teachers good given 2 amendment rights !! You just stop with this senseable nonsense or your 511s are getting taken away
"Senseable nonsense"

Looks like those big dollars spent in education New York arent all that effective.

No.

If teachers are overloaded this is a true misallocation of resources....

Hymmm... Never considered myself to be overloaded. Busy and hardworking, yes... But I am not sure that I have ever felt overloaded. I know this, driving truck with my CDL is far more stress than I have ever felt in a classroom or in my various educational positions... There is something to be said for the emotional drain... Not because it is difficult or stressful, but because every single day I get a reminder of how poorly many kids have it... Beyond that my job is pretty easy, extremely rewarding and every single day I head into work excited. I am not sure many, even other educators have it that way. The point is, blanket statements about teachers, or really any profession, are simply not strong.

So grouping all teachers together is not a great argument. As I have mentioned in all the different educational settings I have served, there are people who would be very capable/wiling and proficient. Some absolutely not, as a district that determination can be made. Additional training would be great. For some teachers we shoot on a regular basis, we would love to have additional training, and I would gladly do it on my dime... I also know, that various training programs will often offer educators free or scholarships for training. In the district my kids attend, the local shooting club said they would be willing to help pay for training. However the people who were interested in carry at school were all happy to go on their own dime.

Would it be amazing if every single school had multiple SROs? Would it be awesome if we had our schools hardened like we see at a police station, or other government buildings? Yes. but that would take a huge amount of resources and money. My current district has 2 SROs, we have 9 schools, plus 3 additional district buildings. The average response time for any school in the district that does not have an SRO on campus, will be 8 minutes. That is the average. One school has about a 4 minute response, another school have a 16 minute time... It is easy to tell where the SRO is located, as their car it always parked in the designated parking in front of school. Also very easy to have the SRO leave a facility, a simple false report (through the random safe to tell phone line) can tie up SROs for several hours...

As some one else has pointed out, it would be great if we could simply prevent this from occurring. But what can we do to keep this from happening? It has been pointed out that most school shooters are already in counseling, they are already on drugs, they are already known by staff and police, etc. More mental health services also means more diagnosis, more medications, more labels etc. At some point there is diminishing returns from such areas. Also someone here mentioned SEL. I would caution that SEL is not all it is cracked up to be, it is a dangerous tool that can often send kids in the wrong direction... Given the current political landscape, the system is set up to fail these kids, it fails us... Since we can not count on the courts, we can not count on the police, we can not count on the schools to prevent this... Why not allow well qualified, approved staff to be the last line of defense? It cost the schools and the taxpayers virtually nothing, while providing one more barrier to lives being lost in senseless violence...

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back