Teacher Concealed Carry Law in Idaho

Hilarious - "feel good bullshit" and "livable wage commiserate with their education" in the same comment.

To add context to those lacking vocabulary - My favorite part about your "new york" education. You dont know the difference between "commensurate" and commiserate.
Oh wow. You found a dictation error. Don’t you feel special now.

What disappoints me about this is (yet again) we are putting in place systems to REACT to the event if and when it occurs, instead of putting resources in place to try and prevent them in the first place. Feels like we give the "thoughts and prayers" and continue to bury our heads in the sand until it shows up on the nightly news again. I appreciate them doing SOMETHING to address the issue, just not the way I think would be more effective.
Theres more mental health workers, resources, and access to all of that than theres ever been.

Damnit!! I was so out. But can’t help myself. Serious question to all that are screaming it’s my right to carry in that school to protect your children. I’m not employed at the school and there is not a provision in the bill to allow me to carry in the school. How come?? DONT I HAVE THE RIGHT OF SELF DEFENSE?? Might have to defend myself from an unhinged teacher going postal that day. Just wondering. Haha. Oh and to answer why I’m less concerned at the park or all those other places, it might be because either I or people I trust are also present and who knows. Maybe we’re carrying. It’s a mystery.

Ok. Maybe now I’m done.

Every state has concealed carry laws in public, the US has more shootings than any industrialized country.

There have been people carrying during shootings that did nothing, for instance there were people carrying at the Aurora theater shooting.

There is no evidence to support that concealed carry in any context is a deterrent.

Conversely, there is no evidence that concealed carry in any context is not a deterrent either.

A truce has been declared over the common ground that you need a glock and a tetanus shot to enter Chuck’s gambling den for tots
I will just say that I hate the part at the end the most, where my kid is trading in worthless tickets for other worthless stuff. You all know what I’m talking about.

Now Im out.

Theres more mental health workers, resources, and access to all of that than theres ever been.
I don't know about that, Uncle Ronnie, big hearted guy that he was, pretty well beat down mental health all he could.

Google it, I don't have to because I remember what he did.

Wouldn't be another school shooting in Idaho if they passed it. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last police department shot up.

Wouldn't be another school shooting in Idaho if they passed it. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last police department shot up.
People try it but never have much success either because the building is more hardened than a school or because nearly every employee in that building is armed.

That’s why schools, churches, movie theatres, government buildings, etc get hit the most. Softer targets.

This seems to be devolving into an either/or. It's fine to do mental health, although you might want to study the efficacy of mental health involvement in troubled youth. Almost every shooter is on SSRIs.

Also, harden targets. Easy peasy.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back