Idaho 2024- start %itching now

Screw the politicians getting involved but why not:

-All NR tags go through an initial draw, LE or gen, moose, etc.
-1st, 2nd, 3rd choices considered
-Qualifying licence
-No points system
-Payment up front
-No returns except death, medical, or military deployment
-Residents get first chance at leftovers
-FCFS including NR for anything after that

Screw the politicians getting involved but why not:

-All NR tags go through an initial draw, LE or gen, moose, etc.
-1st, 2nd, 3rd choices considered
-Qualifying licence
-No points system
-Payment up front
-No returns except death, medical, or military deployment
-Residents get first chance at leftovers
-FCFS including NR for anything after that
I like no returns, but definitely do not want Idaho draw to go the 1st, 2nd, 3rd choices considered. Make people pick what they want and commit to it.

If some dude from Oklahoma just wants to come out and hunt elk in Idaho, I like that he can simply put in for an easier to draw "former OTC" unit and have a good shot at a tag...and not compete with people who will make their first two choices the top units and fall back on a third choice as a former OTC unit.

Last edited:
I was looking to go to the Frank church next spring for bear does any body have any suggestions on what time I should go?

We hope to hunt in NM in '25, and be living in ID by fall in '25. That will put me in the NR draw, going to have to learn a lot about what it's gonna take to hunt, and where the places are that I want to hunt.

Fingers will be crossed. At my age, I may be looking at an outfitted hunt back here in NM....

David
NM

Super late to this thread. BUT I will say if Idaho is trying to discourage NR from coming, they've succeeded with me, due to the current system I've never even considered going for an ID tag (you're welcome residents) 😂

ha! i'm such a good hunter, i killed a bull in idaho in their worst year in 10 years! I should become an influencer.
Those mule deer numbers are concerning. Like they stated, hopefully this mild winter kick starts the recovery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back