Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Idaho 2024- start %itching now

You guys give idaho g&f to much credit, if there's a email something is screwed up! They are just trying to delay phones from ringing while they fix whatever this years error is. Hopefully the solution is easier than swapping blank/"faded" tags again or over issuing tags again...
Ahh, the disappearing ink tags. I remember those and also receiving duplicate tags the following year.
In 2017 my buddy forgot his tags at home or lost them on the road and didn't realize it until we were already in Soda Springs. We drove to the Pocatello office the following morning and he picked up a replacement liscense & tag, no problem. Successful hunt, great time, and the bonus was a full refund for the lost tag a few weeks later. IDFG essentialy gave him a replacement liscense and tags, then refunded the cost. He did call them and she couldn't understand why he was trying to pay for a returned liscense. Too funny.

This thread is gross
Curious as to why?
I can technically and legally purchase tags as an ID resident, but it would be very unethical imo. I'm "*mostly*" satisfied with the NR process and have no reason to exploit the system. I'm assuming your emoji's posted above means you're working on your gag relex or something, good for you.

Curious as to why?
I can technically and legally purchase tags as an ID resident, but it would be very unethical imo. I'm "*mostly*" satisfied with the NR process and have no reason to exploit the system. I'm assuming your emoji's posted above means you're working on your gag relex or something, good for you.

What makes you *mostly* satisfied with the system? As your tags were mailed to you I guess that means you bought online and were either incredibly lucky with a random # in line or bought a tags many did not want.

I got what I wanted again before my tag sold out in 15 minutes and have this horrible system somewhat dialed in, but the better tags selling out in 15 minutes and lesser tags selling out within an hour? And guys standing in line buying for a list of folks while a guy standing behind him wanting one tag watches his tag dissapear within 15 minutes and a guy online with an absurdly good random number striking out as well is not a system to be satisfied with. The inequity of opportunity is appalling.

Does that coupon calendar offer 50% off sheep hunts? if so I need one.

Diamond Creek sold out when number dropped 80. Yes 80 is all.

I know a guy who drove to Idaho and was the first in line at a vendor and did not get the tag he wanted. I cannot comprehend how that can be possible unless bots are being used somehow.
@TimeOnTarget The guy who was first in line is 1) incompetent and likes to waste his time or 2) the vendor had issues or 3) he was first in line at a vendor with no other guys there but the guy showed up after sale started leading back to the first option, or 4) ….

Which do you think it was? Cuz Diamond was 1st or 2nd to sell out and no way a timely attempt from first in line would have failed absent at other factors.

The system needs some tweaks - only allowing one login, allowing party tags, not allowing third party purchases, but it does work.

The reality of the complaints is people don’t want to watch what is essentially a live draw. They’d rather send in their choices and hope they get picked but not watch the carnage of the process.

What's funniest to me about the "b*tching" (if you want to call it that) is the guys complaining about the system who live in neighboring states that have as good if not better OTC tags for residents. Yet they complain about another states process not letting them get another elk tag.

What's funniest to me about the "b*tching" (if you want to call it that) is the guys complaining about the system who live in neighboring states that have as good if not better OTC tags for residents. Yet they complain about another states process not letting them get another elk tag.
If we're paying NR prices for average/less than average OTC tags, we can definitely bitch about the process not being streamlined regardless of where we live

If we're paying NR prices for average/less than average OTC tags, we can definitely bitch about the process not being streamlined regardless of where we live
Not saying you can't. Just funny that guys would complain about not getting an "extra" elk tag. Not hating on anyone just laughing is all.

NRs becoming Rs. Karma is a bitch.:LOL:

It’s so great watching mule deer winter range around Boise just getting gobbled up at an alarming pace

NRs becoming Rs. Karma is a bitch.:LOL:

If they are hunters it's a good thing. Better to have more resident hunters to fight the bs policy when they get pushed there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back