Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

I can't believe how useful this product is

I had one too and really liked it. Lost it somewhere along the line. Might be the memory jogger I needed to pick one up

They are tiny for sure. I kept thinking I would get a multitool for Christmas ... instead of the useless neoprene gloves my late wife always threw under the tree ... and I always managed to "lose" every year. I finally bought one of these a couple of years ago. It is always zipped into the pocket of my upland vest. Figured it might be handy if one of the dogs accidentally picked up a porcupine quill. I say accidentally because they have all been very good about steering clear of porkys. Last incident was Pearl picking up a loose quill in her nose when hunting down a crippled grouse. She's been gone eight years. Unlikely I'll need them but never know. I usually forget I have the tool. Definitely a good buy. I think I paid nineteen bucks for mine.

What material are the handles?
I gutted an elk with a stainless leather man at 9 degrees and couldn’t make myself do it again.
One of those, I will just look over the hill, but there is probably nothing there sort of adventures

What material are the handles?
I gutted an elk with a stainless leather man at 9 degrees and couldn’t make myself do it again.
One of those, I will just look over the hill, but there is probably nothing there sort of adventures
Look at the size of them. You won't be gutting elk with one of those. Short of looking after an unexpected road kill, I can't imagine expecting to use a multitool of any sort to dress an animal.

I keep a tiny leatherman with scissors in my hunting pack at all times

Always have one in my pac. As someone else said it's invaluable when changing havalon blades also pretty handy getting ivories out of your elk. 20230411_122330.jpg

Ahhh,
I have the little leather man version with little scissor in my pack for cutting tags.
If I ever take the time to learn the electronic tag system I could take it out and save weight.

2.2 ounces...wayyyy too heavy for my ulralight setup ;)

That's pretty impressive, actually. Might consider it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back