Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hows your workouts goin?

duckhunt

I stepped up from 2 to 3 days a week to 5 days. Do mostly cardio with a little light lifting. Down to 197 lbs. Hoping to get down to 180. Also going to start hiking with a weighted pack. Whats everyone doing to get ready for the upcoming season?

Started with the weighted pack on the 1st. Gym is 4 days a week with 10-15 minutes of cardio afterwards. I'll be doing evening fast pace walks with the pack starting tomorrow. Down a couple pounds and sitting at 238, but I don't want to lose anymore.

Also got The Blob target in last week so I'll be letting arrows go every single day wether it's in my back yard or at the range.

Ride my mountain bike 2-3 days a week, run 1-2 days a week, lift weights 1-2 days a week, and hike a steep assed hill with my pack 1-2 days a week. It's a little harder to double up workouts right now that its' so freaking hot.

My training is year round so need to be aware of injuries and boredom! At the moment its hill running, swimming, Muay Thai and Exercycle. I do something 5 - 6 days a week.

1,181.4 miles of running logged so far this year for me for an average of 6.3 miles per day.

Got in some really good hikes a few weeks ago on vacation in Montana also.

Was pretty proud of my 10 year old, he hiked 5 miles on trail with me on a Tuesday, 5 miles with over 1/2 of that off trail climbing a mountain the next day and then a 14 mile hike on a trail the next day. 24 miles in 3 days without much complaining. Right at 5,000' of elevation gain over those miles.

I've been upping my mileage, trying to become a better runner. I usually do weights 4-5 days a week too.

Lift, Jillian Micheals DVD, jiujitsu, run, swim. Increasing volume and intensity on everything.

Hard to believe archery season starts in 10 weeks!

Shooting every day, but putting together a new bow so been slacking on volume. My goal was to be deadly at 50 and I have met that goal.

Ran a local 10k a few weeks ago. 3rd in my class. 7:30 pace. Gym 5 days a week. I try to go low impact with the cardio so after the weights I hit the elliptical. Usually 45 min on the elliptical after an hour on weights. After work if im done with my projects around the house i try to swim some laps in the pool.

Weight lifting and running bleachers 3-4 times a week, bike riding almost daily. Will started climbing the ski hill with weighted pack soon.

We been walking the hills around our town 3 to four times a week during lunch hour or after work

IMG_2429.jpg

This. A couple times a week. Plus weight lifting 3-4 days a week. Haven't really started running yet. It really sheds the pounds but I kind of hate it--until I get used to it and feel weird if I don't do it. What I really need to do is stop eating stuff like lasagna and garlic bread for dinner...

I try to train year round, winter is usually my lazy time but still ride the stationary bike. Right now I am running the "corn maze", which are really The backroads here in Indiana. When the corn is high it makes for some boring miles. I just put in the ear buds and listen to Hunt Talk Radio and that keeps me motivated and makes the miles go by.

Lots of hiking with a loaded pack and chainsaw lately- clearing all my favorite hurting trails and areas. Building jack-leg fence at 6200' a couple days a week helps too.

Pretty good here. I run 20-30 miles per week (trails if they are in good shape). I've been doing a bit more mountain biking as well. Got in a 20 mile hike in the Big Belts on Saturday. Just need to get some more range time and some weighted pack hikes (not too heavy, maybe 50 lbs max) in and I'm good to go. I try to stay pretty active all year so I don't have to get back into shape. Bowhunting (bowhiking for me) also helps to get ready for rifle season...;)

Been making good strength gains but my distance on runs has suffered. Broke out the weighted pack and been doing step ups though to try and compensate being a flatlander.

Workouts are going well. I can't run much without pretty strong ankle pain from a break and surgery 20 years ago. I can do squats without pain and hiking doesn't bother it so I do up to 400-500 squats on my leg days to make up for the lack of running and will start hiking with a loaded pack soon. Cardio could be better, but my legs felt better on the third pack loaded with elk last fall than it did with the first.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back