How important is it to you to own a Handgun?/ Tangent CAR THREAD

The only Chevy that i've seen that i would put money down on owning was a late 60's Yanko Camero.
I won't let my dog drive a 4 letter "F" word! :oops:
Ferrari.... Bestill my beating heart!
NOBODY does red, or yellow like the Italians!
Nor the sound!

I've always been a Pentastar guy. It was Mopar, or no car.
I was given a 68' Barricuda. Was in the process of saving up for the heads on the 408 small block i was building when the divorce from my first wife came about.

Now i've found myself more of a Roundel lover.
Wife with an 07' Mini Cooper S, myself with a BMW X3. (I was originally looking for a 3 series sedan, when my wife saw the X3)

Back to the original thread....

I had looked at the 3" Taurus revolver for myself & the Mrs.
I usually just can't get past Taurus's trigger.
Same with Glock.
I don't want to buy a pistol that i have to spend more money to get what i want.

Oh, wait...
My last 3 rifle purchases were done just for that reason.. :rolleyes:

I'm not really a big handgun shooter, but I own 3. A G43 and a S&W Shield that my wife and I carry concealed. The other is my 1911 that I'd grab in the middle of the night if there happened to be an intruder.

We've seen some.pretty nice vintage & new Ferraris this summer, as well as top shelf Porsches, a 63 Aston Martin DB3, a passle of new corvettes and a handful of vintage muscle cars from GM (Motown, baby). Agree in a late 69's Camero, RS preferably. I'd take an olds 442 as well. And a Shelby Cobra. Dad was offered one as a down payment for a house, but mom put the kibosh on that.

The trigger on Taurus matches the quality control for other issues I've seen. Not my cup of tea. I do need to get a better trigger for my M&P 40, I really don't care for the factory one. I think the last rifle I bought was $400. I proceeded to put another $1500 into it in order to make it just right.

I'm going to take your side on this one. Those old Stingrays were the greatest.
No kidding, a 67 'Vette with the 435 hp. 427" tri-power and 4 speed was my dream car. Closest I got was a 67 Impala SS 390 hp. 427" and 4speed. Wish I still had it. Last count I have 8 handguns, most are revolvers, from .454 Casull to .22 LR.

Last edited:
How important? Think I already wrote in here on this. Love my DA handguns, it's a hoot playing with them. have a High Standard HD Military that is one of the best shooting handgun's I ever owned. But I'm still a DA fan. But I think none of them are really important, That takes on a whole new meaning to me. Important would be my Shield c9. Don't really enjoy shooting it but it is very lite, small and hides away easily. I think crime in this country could take a real beating if more good people carried concealed. I won't carry open unless I'm out hunting, I think carrying open in public is to much of an in your face thing. There are people, ignorant though they may be, that are actually afraid of gun's. Lot of them are actually good people and I have no desire to mess with them by carrying open. Then there's the bad guy's, reason for carrying at all. Why in the world would I want to advertise to them I'm armed! It might scare them off or maybe they just snorted a line and are afraid of nothing. If the guy has no bad intention's, he's nothing to fear from me. If he does and I see a way out without a gun, I would take it! All the rest of the people around me have the same option to carry as I do, I'd suggest if they want to be safe from the remote possibility of being attacked, carry a light, small concealed hand gun and learn to use it. My gun is for protecting myself, and family. For that I believe a handgun is necessary!

First let me apologize to 2Rocky for the derailment, however in my first response to this thread I did mention handguns ;)
I won't let my dog drive a 4 letter "F" word! :oops:
Ferrari.... Bestill my beating heart!
NOBODY does red, or yellow like the Italians!
Nor the sound!

I've always been a Pentastar guy. It was Mopar, or no car.
I was given a 68' Barricuda. Was in the process of saving up for the heads on the 408 small block i was building when the divorce from my first wife came about.
The first vehicle I drove was a 1936 Ford pick up, we had a dog with us as well as a handgun in the glove box, so I dont have the same bad feelings about the "F" vehicle ;)

Ferrari--the sound ! Exactly---- which is why I didn't understand my husband's complaint about them not having a radio !

Wish you had been able to finish the Barracuda !

We've seen some.pretty nice vintage & new Ferraris this summer, as well as top shelf Porsches, a 63 Aston Martin DB3, a passle of new corvettes and a handful of vintage muscle cars from GM (Motown, baby). Agree in a late 69's Camero, RS preferably. I'd take an olds 442 as well. And a Shelby Cobra.
where do you live and are you married ;)

Considering the turn this thread has taken this song seems appropriate.😁
In honor of @Europe .
THANK YOU !

Gerald: I ask for a Lambo Miura P400 once and was told: I will buy it for you 24 hours after you see Natalie Wood in my pick up with me. The next day I went to town and bought a couple of magazines with her picture, cut them out and put them in his pick up. This fell in the category of "nice try but not cigar" :(

How important? Think I already wrote in here on this. Love my DA handguns, it's a hoot playing with them. have a High Standard HD Military that is one of the best shooting handgun's I ever owned. But I'm still a DA fan. But I think none of them are really important, That takes on a whole new meaning to me. Important would be my Shield c9. Don't really enjoy shooting it but it is very lite, small and hides away easily. I think crime in this country could take a real beating if more good people carried concealed. I won't carry open unless I'm out hunting, I think carrying open in public is to much of an in your face thing. There are people, ignorant though they may be, that are actually afraid of gun's. Lot of them are actually good people and I have no desire to mess with them by carrying open. Then there's the bad guy's, reason for carrying at all. Why in the world would I want to advertise to them I'm armed! It might scare them off or maybe they just snorted a line and are afraid of nothing. If the guy has no bad intention's, he's nothing to fear from me. If he does and I see a way out without a gun, I would take it! All the rest of the people around me have the same option to carry as I do, I'd suggest if they want to be safe from the remote possibility of being attacked, carry a light, small concealed hand gun and learn to use it. My gun is for protecting myself, and family. For that I believe a handgun is necessary!
Don. I agree, for the most part, very nicely stated. The young man who recently died while protecting his son in a restaurant--"possibly " could have been prevented if the father had been armed. The shooter was high on mushrooms and said he felt "empowered". The father save this sons life by stepping between his son and the shooter. Possibly he could have also save his life if he had been armed. The law enforcement and attorneys here: Would the father have been "charged" if he had shot the man before he shot him or his son in a restaurant ? I would have shot him to save my family regardless of the consequences, but curious about the legal aspect of that situation ?? Ben, Salmonchaser, Vikingsguy, others ??????

Suzanne Somers/T Bird
Thank you for the video of MY DOWNTOWN....Just 3 blocks from where I am sitting right now!

film%2Blocations.png

Ah Europe you are such a breath of fresh air...thank you for being a part of this motley crew...

Not at all important. My brother in Montana still has my Highway Patrolman. Too many hoops to jump through to posses it up here and only legal to shoot paper at certified range which I find boring. What's the point in owning one?

Don. I agree, for the most part, very nicely stated. The young man who recently died while protecting his son in a restaurant--"possibly " could have been prevented if the father had been armed. The shooter was high on mushrooms and said he felt "empowered". The father save this sons life by stepping between his son and the shooter. Possibly he could have also save his life if he had been armed. The law enforcement and attorneys here: Would the father have been "charged" if he had shot the man before he shot him or his son in a restaurant ? I would have shot him to save my family regardless of the consequences, but curious about the legal aspect of that situation ?? Ben, Salmonchaser, Vikingsguy, others ??????

Forgive me, I don't remember some thing's very well anymore, especially names. Very well know shooter once remarked, "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"! He was talking about carrying concealed in New York City. That is a saying that's very hard for even me to forget. Someone on here will probably come up with the name. I see the name and I'll remember it!

Just spent 3 weeks in the country of Liberia in Africa adopting two boys. Very broken place. Gun ownership/possession is illegal with some exceptions for hunting. I don't carry every day in the US. However, I felt naked there armed only with a knife.

Bad things happen everywhere. Sometimes temporarily. Other times for longer periods. Even in America. Plenty of civil unrest in our history, both recent and historical. (Not providing a list of the most recent violence so I avoid glorifying the ridiculous of much of it.)

History is full of superpowers who have risen in fallen for centuries. Some fell quietly. Others fell less gracefully with much civil unrest.

I purchased firearms (including hand guns) because it was my right. I will be keeping them because if I and others don't, one day my right could be mine no more.

Thank you for the video of MY DOWNTOWN....Just 3 blocks from where I am sitting right now!

film%2Blocations.png

Ah Europe you are such a breath of fresh air...thank you for being a part of this motley crew...
How cool is this ! :cool: Watching the clip, Richard, Harrison, Ron, are all so young

----------------------------

2Rocky, Thank you sir, and a big thank you to all you gentlemen. You have been very kind to the old woman and I thank you. Your mothers and grandmothers are very lucky women to have you.

This is by far my #1 bucket list vehicle if $$$ were no option. Muncie Rockcrusher, Chevy Astro Blue with White stripes.
I hope I am able to remain above ground long enough to see that young lady who was "hunting" the living room, drive this car ! I am sure one of your daughters will want it when she is in high school and that will give you an excuse to get it Maybe the Corvette ZR1 ? it looks nice ;)

You have such a beautiful family Pat. :love:

-------------------

back to handguns. We always kept one in the glove box in Arizona, but of course we also had a rifle in the rear window of that 1936 Ford pickup that mtmuley and std7mag dont like :(

-----------------------

Last edited:
*Tangent musing...something like this with different mags and black interior. It was a great vehicle for hunting.
1630344390345.png

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back