Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

How important is it to you to own a Handgun?/ Tangent CAR THREAD

My husband was a handgun "looney". I could have had a new 1963 Stingray when they were introduced if we had not spent so much money on guns and not just handguns --and--the stingray would have been a much more intelligent and practical purchase. :cool:

He did have some pretty cool handguns however. I always liked the old Webley 455 Top Break and some of his Derringers ( Colt, Philadelphia, Sharps ) were fun to play with. He got all carried away when Ruger introduced their Blackhawk, but he was never able to talk me into shooting the 357 or 44 magnums. That long barreled ( forgot the length ) 12 shot cylinder stevens was fun to shot ( I think it was stevens, but not 100% sure my memory is correct ) . He had a leather Indian style closed end holster and belt made for it/me. My granddaughter has it now. I was sure he was going to kill himself or at the very least shot off a toe with his quick draw antics . Yeah we had them ( children and grandchildren have them now ) but we should have had fewer of them allowing for me to have a new stingray :cautious:.

All kidding aside, I preferred the automatics and did carry one for a while but stopped doing so when I started sailing outside the U.S. Even before 9/11, there were times at the airport, I ran back to the vehicle or my husband did when I forgot to take my handgun out of my purse.

We always took one for two handguns with us when hunting and fishing, but I think it was more of a "man" thing than a "protection" thing. ;)
I can't help but wonder the ratio of game taken with the Stingray vs the guns? :unsure::D

Would you go with captains choice exhaust with open headers or something more conservative like super 40’s or glass packs?
maybe a cherry bomb?
You don't mess with a car like that. Factory correct only. The LS6 was the quickest car made at the time. Quicker than the Hemi cars, but just barely. Since they cost 6 figures, I can only dream. And I would carry a handgun while driving it. mtmuley

You don't mess with a car like that. Factory correct only. The LS6 was the quickest car made at the time. Quicker than the Hemi cars, but just barely. Since they cost 6 figures, I can only dream. And I would carry a handgun while driving it. mtmuley
The correct handgun pairing for a Chevelle would have to be a Colt Python.

I can't help but wonder the ratio of game taken with the Stingray vs the guns? :unsure::D
He won that race. Deer, Elk, Moose, three for three

Me, with the stingray--Elvis, Steve McQueen, Clint Eastwood---zero 😂

You don't mess with a car like that.
Exactly !

mtmuley: a few years later, I started whining about wanting a Mustang Cobra Jet ---- I was an equally opportunity buyer, Ford or Chevrolet

I think I shared these stories before, but since you mentioned not messing with a car like that.

When we bought our first Ferrari we went to pick it up and my husband said we spent $$$ for a car and it dont come with a radio ? He just didn't "get it" :)

and, the jokes on me story. We drove it around town a bit and took it in to be serviced before our first road trip out of town with the intent of letting her stretch her legs. What makes this funny is I was serious when I ask the service manager, what do I do if a Lamborghini pulls up behind me ? ( thinking he would tell me when to shift for maximum performance) He said. Just get out of the way !o_O

He got all upset at my car fetish one time and said you have to decide, check a box. This or that ! When I said nothing, he said what are you waiting on ?

' the box that says, both" ;)

Europe, excellent taste in American Iron. I'm not a Ford guy, but the Cobra Jet cars are bad ass. mtmuley

He won that race. Deer, Elk, Moose, three for three

Me, with the stingray--Elvis, Steve McQueen, Clint Eastwood---zero 😂

Exactly !

mtmuley: a few years later, I started whining about wanting a Mustang Cobra Jet ---- I was an equally opportunity buyer, Ford or Chevrolet

I think I shared these stories before, but since you mentioned not messing with a car like that.

When we bought our first Ferrari we went to pick it up and my husband said we spent $$$ for a car and it dont come with a radio ? He just didn't "get it" :)

and, the jokes on me story. We drove it around town a bit and took it in to be serviced before our first road trip out of town with the intent of letting her stretch her legs. What makes this funny is I was serious when I ask the service manager, what do I do if a Lamborghini pulls up behind me ? ( thinking he would tell me when to shift for maximum performance) He said. Just get out of the way !o_O

He got all upset at my car fetish one time and said you have to decide, check a box. This or that ! When I said nothing, he said what are you waiting on ?

' the box that says, both" ;)
April, I love you . When I grow up I want to be just like you !
Europe, excellent taste in American Iron. I'm not a Ford guy, but the Cobra Jet cars are bad ass. mtmuley
Did you also drag race them ? I envious you, April, Ken, others in America Graffiti ---Not Jess or RWC 101 ;)

Did you also drag race them ? I envious you, April, Ken, others in America Graffiti ---Not Jess or RWC 101 ;)
The only drag racing I did was of the illegal kind on the backroads of my hometown here in Montana. We had a couple quarter mile stretches marked out around the Valley. Always one step ahead of the police you know. mtmuley

The only drag racing I did was of the illegal kind on the backroads of my hometown here in Montana. We had a couple quarter mile stretches marked out around the Valley. Always one step ahead of the police you know. mtmuley
I rest my case--American Graffiti :) Wasn't there a Corvette in that movie driven by a mysterious blond ?

And I forgot. Those Webley;s you spoke of April are very popular up here as collectables, as are the old Ross rifles

I rest my case--American Graffiti :) Wasn't there a Corvette in that movie driven by a mysterious blond ?

And I forgot. Those Webley;s you spoke of April are very popular up here as collectables, as are the old Ross rifles
Suzanne Somers/T Bird

Suzanne Somers/T Bird
The 60's and 70's had some great music and muscle cars Panda, but the T-Bird, Suzzane was driving was not one of them

same here only in Arizona

MTMULEY : If I was your age I would be eyeing that Corvette ZR1. I have not even set in it, but it looks good on paper.

Back to the original question/thread. I dont remember ever not having a handgun in our home as a child or adult. I am not sure, before reading this thread, that I ever knew anyone in the U.S. who had a gun, whether it was a rifle or shotgun, that did not also have a handgun. They are a lot of fun to shoot, whether you hunt with them or not, IMHO.

Those of you who do not own them or like them, why ? ---- was never exposed to them, they are more dangerous than a long gun, wife will not let me have one in the home because of children, too much hassle to purchase, you feel you can to hunt with it, so why spend the money or ????

I believe here has been an increase in handgun purchases by women as well a concealed carry permits

Last edited:
You are correct April. In Texas even less restrictive laws begin Sept st. I personally have some concern about the no training part.

As to the muscle cars, I own a truck, so will let you and Muley hash that out ;)

Back