PEAX Equipment

Polaris has new Sheriff in town

belshawelk

I am posting this as a review of the new Polaris 150 HD. If you are looking for a new SXS for ranch or hunt check it out. For me its both.
I fully expect the negative comments so let me help some of you:
I know it’s too much, you’d never pay that, it’s more than my truck, house, tractor and everything else. I know.
The back story is I had a Polaris Northstar trail boss on order for 12 months. Fortunately I changed when I saw this come out. I have had this on order since July. For what you get it’s well worth the extra money compared to other top loaded Rangers. Just got it this week. This thing changes the game. Nothing in common with my Ranger 900.
- unreal power
- huge cab
- way better seats ( heated too)
- steering, shifting way smoother
- much bigger bed with hydraulic dump
- much much less engine noise
- the down hill assist/ start stop is nice
- no air coming in cabin- sealed better
- did not bottom out where my old one did. Higher ground clearance
- heating and a/c works great
- led lights super bright
- GPS and phone hook up was quick and accurate.

I added a front rack, rear bed rack, headache rack back window with winch, rocker rails, and bumpers.

I am sure there is much more I figure out that I like.

Attachments

• IMG_6626.jpeg
    IMG_6626.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_6631.jpeg
    IMG_6631.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_6627.jpeg
    IMG_6627.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6630.jpeg
    IMG_6630.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
Curious what that winch is rated at where and how it’s mounted. In the pics it looks like it prone to just bending that bracket down verses pulling something up to it.

Do the doors seal well enough to keep the dust out? Previous versions were lackluster at keeping anything out.

Nice looking ride, we are seeing them more and more as they are getting road legal here.

I've got a Polaris Ranger and use the heck out of it on the farm, single seat 570.
Big two seater ones like shown above take up too much garage space and cost too much. Think I'd rather just have a Jeep.

Every time I am plowing snow and freezing my you know what off with my Polaris 450 HO I will think about that . NICE !!!!

Yes it is belt driven, but it is essentially an automotive cvt transmission steel belt immersed in oil, think Nissan Rogue IIRC. 6000 mile service interval on the oil in the trans. The shift linkage only goes as far as a lever controlling a hydraulic valve, never any binding, or hard shifting out of park on a hill. The 1500 designation refers to the 1500cc three cylinder engine and also the ability to carry 1500#s in the bed and also dump that same amount hydraulically. The headache rack winch is only rated for 500#s, essentially a lift aid for pulling something into the bed. Haven't driven one yet, but did get to go through and ask lots of questions while at the winter show in Memphis. Pretty neat machines, but expensive. Definitely need to keep an eye on debris build-up between the radiator, trans cooler and a/c condenser, things will shut down if overheat conditions occur. The doors are very solidly built, metal door frame and closes like an automotive door.

I am posting this as a review of the new Polaris 150 HD. If you are looking for a new SXS for ranch or hunt check it out. For me its both.
I fully expect the negative comments so let me help some of you:
I know it’s too much, you’d never pay that, it’s more than my truck, house, tractor and everything else. I know.
The back story is I had a Polaris Northstar trail boss on order for 12 months. Fortunately I changed when I saw this come out. I have had this on order since July. For what you get it’s well worth the extra money compared to other top loaded Rangers. Just got it this week. This thing changes the game. Nothing in common with my Ranger 900.
- unreal power
- huge cab
- way better seats ( heated too)
- steering, shifting way smoother
- much bigger bed with hydraulic dump
- much much less engine noise
- the down hill assist/ start stop is nice
- no air coming in cabin- sealed better
- did not bottom out where my old one did. Higher ground clearance
- heating and a/c works great
- led lights super bright
- GPS and phone hook up was quick and accurate.

I added a front rack, rear bed rack, headache rack back window with winch, rocker rails, and bumpers.

I am sure there is much more I figure out that I like.

I don't understand why you would buy one of these and not a truck or jeep. Wouldn't it be much more versatile?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back