PEAX Equipment

Home Window Quotes and Warranty

Our house isn't all that big but we have 5 bay windows. One of which is 10' wide. They sting a little.
Interested to hear how you handle those. I have two large bays and have decided just replaced the panes of glass. A bay is an entire unit (that weighs like 600lbs) and it would requirement me to tear up flooring as well as walls.

I replaced 17 windows in my house with Anderson originals (not the Replacement by Anderson) about 18months ago. Everything seems to be fine and I'm happy. Went with the higher R-value and got a rebate from electric co. Only thing I might add is that installing a window is at least a 3-person job.

The back has even more & they've pretty much all lost their insulated pane void integrity. Built in 1994, I'm almost afraid to get a quote...
Curious, what brand? I had Hurd and they did the same thing. Obviously Hurd is out of business now, so the lifetime warranty is useless.

Interested to hear how you handle those. I have two large bays and have decided just replaced the panes of glass. A bay is an entire unit (that weighs like 600lbs) and it would requirement me to tear up flooring as well as walls.
The smaller bays (7'x5' roughly) were no biggie with 2 guys. Really happy with how they turned out
Screenshot_20240301_162835_Gallery.jpg

The 10' though is right under the front porch so I'm going to probably set it on skid loader forks and bring it right up to the porch. Then we'll only have to go about 6 feet with it. That's gonna be a 4 man job. Because I'm not breaking that ****in window.
20240301_163529.jpg

Don't mind the cheesy Easter decorations. My wife has no class. I'm gonna send her down to @noharleyyet place to take lessons from his wife. But I don't think thats a good financial plan. 🤣

Last edited:

I replaced 17 windows in my house with Anderson originals (not the Replacement by Anderson) about 18months ago. Everything seems to be fine and I'm happy. Went with the higher R-value and got a rebate from electric co. Only thing I might add is that installing a window is at least a 3-person job.

Curious, what brand? I had Hurd and they did the same thing. Obviously Hurd is out of business now, so the lifetime warranty is useless.
Will confabulate…

I'm glad to hear your new construction Andersons have held up. I did half the house last year hopefully doing the other half next year. Our house isn't all that big but we have 5 bay windows. One of which is 10' wide. They sting a little.
Renewal by Anderson quoted me $8500 for a singe 8ft by 4.5ft picture window, double pane argon.

DaBella out of Missoula quoted $3500 for triple pane krypton.

Have not yet received quote from Valley Glass . All quotes are for window and install.

Last edited:
Our house was built in 2004 and has alot of windows. All Pella. Turns out they all had problems and there was a class action lawsuit several years ago. I think our payout was $1,800. We've been quoted over 100k to replace all of them. We did all of the big ones on the front of the house last year. Pella warranty is pretty much worthless as far as I'm concerned.
I noticed the Andersen limited warranty also exempts the home owner from any class action lawsuit or judge decision unless the homeowner goes to the Andersen website to opt out.

Renewal by Anderson quoted me $8500 for a singe 8ft by 4.5ft picture window, double pane argon.
That large wondow I posted above was $10k for them to do when I got a quote. Granted that's fiberglass construction but I priced the Andersen 400 series for right around $3k IIrc. I understand everyone has to make money and nothing is cheap, but that is taking it dry.

DaBella out of Missoula quoted $3500 for triple pane krypton.

Have not yet received quote from Valley Glass . All quotes are for window and install.
I hounded Valley Glass in Kalispell for months. They no-showed on me on three separate occasions to look at my windows and give me a quote. Never got a quote from them.

We built our house in 1998 and installed all Milgard windows. They have (at least at that time) a lifetime warranty. We've had at least 8 fog up and have to be replaced. All free of charge! Their warranty dept doesn't make it super easy but so far they have got the job done every time. I'm guessing Milgard isn't available in Montana?

Being right off the ocean here on the coast is hard on windows and honestly I don't know how Milgard can stay in business with such a great warranty.

We built our house in 1998 and installed all Milgard windows. They have (at least at that time) a lifetime warranty. We've had at least 8 fog up and have to be replaced. All free of charge! Their warranty dept doesn't make it super easy but so far they have got the job done every time. I'm guessing Milgard isn't available in Montana?

Being right off the ocean here on the coast is hard on windows and honestly I don't know how Milgard can stay in business with such a great warranty.
I have Milgard widows. The Low-E coating failed on quite a few of them. All were replaced free of charge including labor. The windows were 15 years old. mtmuley

If you think about what a window has to do, it makes sense good ones come at a high cost. Windows are not an item to skimp on. Some of the install costs are pretty surprising. I could make a fortune. mtmuley

What would you consider a reasonable install cost? I know there can be some variables but standard window and trim installed?

I have Milgard widows. The Low-E coating failed on quite a few of them. All were replaced free of charge including labor. The windows were 15 years old. mtmuley
I put all new Milgard windows in my 70 year old farmhouse. One had a gas failure and the glass company replaced it in a week.

One thing I’ve found though is painted vinyl frames crack and flake. No warranty on that.

I’m partial to Milgard because I killed my first elk when he came off of the Milgard ranch to our slutty cow calling.

We have 46 windows in our house. Got a bunch of quotes. Nobody was even close to Window World. Not even in the ball park. They were quick, professional and the double hung windows was best decision ever. Double hung are awesome when you want to open the house up for airflow and even better when you want to clean 2nd story windows and don't have to climb on roof or ladder. Clean from inside house. Also much safer if you have young kids and want windows open.

We have 46 windows in our house. Got a bunch of quotes. Nobody was even close to Window World. Not even in the ball park. They were quick, professional and the double hung windows was best decision ever. Double hung are awesome when you want to open the house up for airflow and even better when you want to clean 2nd story windows and don't have to climb on roof or ladder. Clean from inside house. Also much safer if you have young kids and want windows open.
None in MT? Looks like closest is 400 miles away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back