MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Good start to 2011

Calif. Hunter

My son, Michael, our friend, Brad and I went on a DFG Heritage Apprentice Hunt on Jan 8 out towards New Cuyama. This was Michael's second year hunting, and he is much improved. Always a good rifle shot, he's now pretty good with a shotgun, too. Two shots and he had his two birds.

Attachments

• Pheasant 1.jpg
    Pheasant 1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 994
  • Pheasant 2.jpg
    Pheasant 2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 992
That second bird was pretty well dusted...

It was chilly for us - about 45 when we first started. The Fish & Game sponsors have the kids show that they know how to operate the gun, make sure that gun is not too big for them (often small kids show up with a huge 12 ga,) and then they shoot at a couple clay pigeons. Mikey got both of his. :) They also make the adults huting go through this. too. Naturally, I missed the first shot. (Honest - it was just to bolster Michael's confidence. ;) ) Brad got both of his, too. (But I still got the first pheasant - a passing shot on a bird flushed by another group of hunters.)

A great day with a friend, my son and some birds.

Attachments

• Pheasant 4.jpg
    Pheasant 4.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 248
  • Pheasant 2011 5.jpg
    Pheasant 2011 5.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 248
Brad's girlfriend, Elaine, came along and took the pictures - she did a great job!, She just got her Hunter Safety Certificate and license, so she can sign up for these hunts next year. Here is a shot of Brad getting his bird with Michael ready in case Brad missed. (Michael had not yet gotten his second bird...)

Attachments

• Pheasant 2011 6.jpg
    Pheasant 2011 6.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 246
Great photos. Congrats to Michael. Sounds like a good program you have out there.

Congrats, it's great to see the youth out there. If you like to watch birds work there's not a lot that beats roosters getting airborne from under your feet.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back