GMC AT4/GMC AT4X/GMC Denali or Silverado ZR2

Johnny Bravo

Anyone planning on buying any of these new trucks coming out? Any research you can share or opinions. I have spent the last few months just waiting for them to start showing up and in the next 1-3 months they might finally show up at dealers. Every time I look at them I keep changing my mind on which one I would like....

We have a ‘21 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro and it’s the ’nicest’ and most comfortable mall crawler we’ve owned. Seriously a nice rig.

FWIW we’ve owned ‘06 F150, ‘99 7.3L F250, ‘0? 6.0L diesel F350, ‘89 F250 w/460, ‘01 Ram 3500 5.9l 24v diesel, ‘14 Ram 3500 6.7l diesel, ‘06 Tunda, ‘07 Tundra and ‘17 Chevy 1500 Silverado.

The Carbon Pro is a VERY nice truck.

Last edited:
Ordered a 2022 Chevy 3500 Duramax in January. They say it may get slotted in March and built in May.

Wait and see, meanwhile I have a 2012 Ram 3500 with only 83,000 miles in it and need to sell it. I don’t know whether to sell it now or wait until the other truck gets delivered.

Either way a new truck should be here before the end of the year.

I ordered the SLT with enough options to make it comfortable, I don’t like leather and don’t need cameras on every corner.

They charged $700.00 just to paint it…

Now I’ve got to sell this, hoping I make a seamless transition…

3BB810E6-4E1A-4E2A-BE64-BEA46FEF7569.jpeg

Last edited:
I see the new GMC and Chevy build sites actually went live today so I can build the trucks, hopefully only a month or so before I start seeing some on the lots (LOL) or on the road. Hard to choke down these prices, but I get the feeling they not going to change much over the next 1-2 years.

Ordered a 2022 Chevy 3500 Duramax in January. They say it may get slotted in March and built in May.

Wait and see, meanwhile I have a 2012 Ram 3500 with only 83,000 miles in it and need to sell it. I don’t know whether to sell it now or wait until the other truck gets delivered.

Either way a new truck should be here before the end of the year.

I ordered the SLT with enough options to make it comfortable, I don’t like leather and don’t need cameras on every corner.

They charged $700.00 just to paint it…

Now I’ve got to sell this, hoping I make a seamless transition…

View attachment 214025
That trucks gonna sell fast.

I have a 22 GMC AT4. It’s a super nice truck. I upgraded from a tundra. I didn’t get all the camera options the gmc had. I looked at Chevy vs GMC and found that everything I wanted in the Chevy was an upgrade the gmc had already as stock. So I went to gmc.

I bought a 22 Denali diesel for my new seed business and to pull my camper in Cayenne red. It was so pretty I couldn’t help it 😉. I was going to get away from diesel to avoid all the def issues. GM separated the def pump from the sensor package so you can change out one without the other now if it fails. Costs about half as much as before. This truck will be towing an average of 13000#/16000mi per year. Stayed with diesel (for the transmission as much as the engine). Nicest truck I’ve ever been in. My son has a 22 AT4 with the 6.6 gas. Good power, and so far he’s getting about 12 mpg daily driving, even with his 22 yr old right foot. We ordered off our dealers build sheet that was already in process Oct.18. I got mine 12/7, his 12/30. Sticker price -$1000/truck for business owners. Some local dealers are $7500 plus over. If you have the patience, ordering off a brand new build sheet is probably the better way to go now. My neighbor ordered exactly what he wanted, no extras, no the dealer ordered 20 this way so if you want leather you have to take everything else you don’t want. His truck is supposed to take 4 mos. Sons truck is still waiting on a chip for the seat heaters.

I bought a 22 Denali diesel for my new seed business and to pull my camper in Cayenne red. It was so pretty I couldn’t help it 😉. I was going to get away from diesel to avoid all the def issues. GM separated the def pump from the sensor package so you can change out one without the other now if it fails. Costs about half as much as before. This truck will be towing an average of 13000#/16000mi per year. Stayed with diesel (for the transmission as much as the engine). Nicest truck I’ve ever been in. My son has a 22 AT4 with the 6.6 gas. Good power, and so far he’s getting about 12 mpg daily driving, even with his 22 yr old right foot. We ordered off our dealers build sheet that was already in process Oct.18. I got mine 12/7, his 12/30. Sticker price -$1000/truck for business owners. Some local dealers are $7500 plus over. If you have the patience, ordering off a brand new build sheet is probably the better way to go now. My neighbor ordered exactly what he wanted, no extras, no the dealer ordered 20 this way so if you want leather you have to take everything else you don’t want. His truck is supposed to take 4 mos. Sons truck is still waiting on a chip for the seat heaters.
yeah, I have heard some dealers trying to do an up charge, people need to report those dealers as GM has stated for them not to do this. The more people who report them the better so GM can do something about it. I spent all last night building different trucks, going to have to be a GMC for me. I'm just going to keep watching the market and wait. Some day this stupid over charging will stop hopefully....I hate even paying MSRP.

I have almost fallen in love with the AT4X in this color after seeing it.....

Attachments

• 276159943_10160031912887498_9008137430710514597_n.jpeg
    276159943_10160031912887498_9008137430710514597_n.jpeg
    381.2 KB · Views: 44
When I ordered mine, they told me it would be 6 months, I asked them if I should pick it up in the morning or afternoon. They asked what difference it would make and I told them I had the plumber coming in the morning.

When I ordered mine, they told me it would be 6 months, I asked them if I should pick it up in the morning or afternoon. They asked what difference it would make and I told them I had the plumber coming in the morning.
yeah, they are just now starting to deliver some.

What is the color called on yours? I might have ordered the same...
That one is not mine, but the color on that one is Cayenne Red Tintcoat. I'm still debating on if I need a new truck and if I do get one I still have not decided on a color, but the CRT is pretty nice. I have pretty much decided it will have to be an AT4X or the Denali Ultimate. I'm kind of waiting until I see a few in person. So when is yours coming?

That one is not mine, but the color on that one is Cayenne Red Tintcoat. I'm still debating on if I need a new truck and if I do get one I still have not decided on a color, but the CRT is pretty nice. I have pretty much decided it will have to be an AT4X or the Denali Ultimate. I'm kind of waiting until I see a few in person. So when is yours coming?
That is the color I ordered off the samples in the dealership. I ordered it in January and they said May?

I ordered less options and they said because of that, I got slotted earlier than normal as the high end models are more sought after and the wait time is longer.

Personally I have the Silverado 6.2L TrailBoss and if I was to go it all over again, I would go with the GMC AT4X. The new Silverado ZR2 is not worth the money for what little bit you get over the TrailBoss Edition.

I would also recommend diesel if you are planning on trailering. Also realize the ZR2 will be limited to 9300 lbs towning capacity with 1592 lbs bed capacity.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back